Yesterday we showed you all the information on the new Android 4.4.2 Kitkat build, namely I9192XXUCNG2 that is rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS. You can click through to read more about that or continue to see how to install the file manually. It is useful for those who have root and no longer receive over the air signals, and also those of you who don’t want to wait for the OTA update to arrive as a notification.
The OS for this handset started as Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and with the TouchWiz Nature UX 2.0 UI operating system. Sammy is continuing to do a good job looking after the mobile with future software thus far. There is no word if it will receive the Android L treatment in the months ahead just yet.
- Only use this guide on the GT-I9192 variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini DUOS smartphone and no other. If you install the software on a different model number it will potentially brick the device. if bricked, you need another guide to get yourself out of trouble. Thankfully, developers over at XDA cover a lot of tutorials to help people out in that area.
- To double check the model number of the smartphone in your hands navigate your way over to Settings About Device and take a look at the number listed.
- Disable any malware protection, spyware and antivirus protection on the computer and the Android-based handset. Remember to turn them back on after the procedure is complete or else risk browsing the internet unprotected from potential harmful threat. I guarantee there is nothing harmful in the contents of the file we deliver.
- Install the USB Drivers from Samsung properly and make sure they are the up to date copies. Furthermore, make sure you enable USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options menu present from the Settings menu.
- Those running Android 4.2 will encounter Develop Options as a hidden menu that needs unlocking. Navigate to Settings and tap on the build number seven times to unlock the sub-menu that will appear off the Setting’s menu once unlocked.
- You don’t need to be an advanced user to follow this guide. However, if you haven’t used Odin before then I highly recommend reading over all of the steps properly to make sure you don’t make a mistake. Mistakes can prove costly.
- Remember to backup the Mini device before starting the guide. Most people have their own preference as to what way they will do that. If you are looking for advice try using Helium or Titanium available as apps from the Google Play Store. If that doesn’t float your boat you might prefer to just sync the contacts instead with the Samsung Kies application. Kies also doubles as a great way to install the latest drivers for your phones.
- In like manner, those running with root access will see it revoked by following these steps. The good news is that the warranty will be good to use again. In order to take advantage of any warranty there needs to be a window of opportunity left to redeem the warranty. For some people around the world that window will be closing soon.
- Similarly, those with root and Custom ROMs installed will see the ROM wiped and a factory reset must be applied in order to flash the stock firmware over the top. That means backups are critical if you are looking at retaining your data that is currently on your mini smartphone.
- If you are not confident with the steps find a friend to assist you. Alternatively, you can ask us for assistance and we will be happy to help.
- Moreover, don’t blame us if anything goes wrong. We are not liable for any damages or loss of data caused during the following of the steps listed below. We have years of experience and knowledge in the field and consider ourselves experts but nothing is guaranteed.
How To Update The Samsung galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192 With Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNG2 Official Firmware
1. Start with the Galaxy Mini turned off completely. Power up the computer.
2. Download the I9192XXUCNG2 KitKat zip file here.
3. Download Odin 3.09 here.
– have Odin open and waiting for us to connect to in a few moments.
Note: Download both the files to the desktop if you want a ‘one and done’ experience. If you wish to keep the files for the long haul then download them to the C: Drive and store them in a dedicated folder. Just remember where you decided to store them.
If you are running Windows Xp or above, they are easy to track down. Simply open the “Start” search and begin typing in the file name. The rest will present itself automatically.
4. Boot the Galaxy Mini into Download Mode.
– press Volume Down + Power + Home keys simultaneously to achieve this.
5. Connect the Mini to the computer system unit USB slot.
– it requires the USB cable to do so.
– those searching for the cable should check the wire connecting the phone charger.
6. Watch the ID: COM port change blue and a message appearing telling you that it is “added.”
7. Click the AP button and upload the I9192XXUCNG2 tar.md5 file.
– extract this file from the folder in the first step.
8. leave Auto reboot and F reset Time boxes marked.
– the settings should remain as the default.
– do not check the re-partition box.
9. Click Start.
– wait for the flashing to conclude.
Note: It can take up to ten minutes to complete.
10. Close down the Odin app and “safely remove the hardware.”
click the icon in the system tray and stop the USB Mass Storage device.
You are all finished and can enjoy the new software update.