Many people were reluctant to upgrade to Windows 10 in fear of the bugs that usually come along with any major operating system upgrade. Overall, Microsoft did a great job with Windows 10, and funnily enough, a couple of the common issues are to do with Apple’s iTunes for all those who own iPhone’s. Here’s how to fix iTunes not installing on Windows 10 if you are one of the people suffering from the same problem on your computer.
In Microsoft’s defense, it appears as though this issue is stemming from Apple’s website and no fault of their own. According to reports, the problem comes from Apple.com/iTunes offering the incorrect files for Windows 10.
The links below are coming directly from Apple’s servers still, but not the usual iTunes download page.
Installing the iTunes directly from Apple’s servers below will fix the following:
- Error: “An error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft… HRESULT: 0x80073715?”.
- Error: “Apple application support was not found (Windows error 2)”.
- QuickTime and playback compatibility issues.
- Other app-related issues.
HOW TO FIX ITUNES NOT INSTALLING ON WINDOWS 10
2. Download the right file for your Windows PC. You need to find out if you have the 64-bit or 32-bit system. From there, download the corresponding file from above directly to your computer.
3. Click the file after it’s downloaded and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the iTunes installation.
There are a few problems with iTunes and Windows that you’ll find installing these files will have fixes for the problems.