The Edge browser has been updated to version 95.0.1020.38. This update to the Beta channel was released on October 29, 2021.
Edge Beta 95.0.1020.38 fixes various bugs and pefromance issues. You can read about them below:
- Enable browser legacy extension point blocking: To improve reliability and security, this new setting blocks certain code injections from legacy third-party utilities. This setting is enabled by default and will be enforced with a value of ‘enabled’ in the baseline.
- Specifies whether the display-capture permissions-policy is checked or skipped: This setting exists as a temporary compatibility mitigation to allow web applications using the getDisplayMedia() API to bypass a permission policy check required by the API specification. This setting is enabled by default and will be enforced with a value of ‘enabled’ in the baseline until version 100, when this setting will become deprecated and the setting will be permanently enabled.
The Edge browser will automatically update itself the next time you close the browser window. However, if your browser is open, you can head to Settings > Help and Feedback > About Microsoft Edge, and then the browser will automatically check for new updates and apply them.
- Edge Beta 95.0.1020.30 Allows You to Pick Up PDF Files Where You Left off and More
- Edge Beta 95.0.1020.20 Brings Various Bug Fixes
- Edge Beta 95.0.1020.9 Picks Up PDFs Where They Left Off and More
- Edge Beta 94.0.992.23 Brings Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
- Edge 94.0.992.14 Released to Beta Channel