Anyone with a rooted Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone can install a custom recovery thanks to Koushik Dutta’s work in creating an advanced ClockworkMod Recovery for the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone. As far as custom recoveries go for the E5, this is probably the one you want to install until TWRP Recovery becomes available.
A custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone is great for anyone who wants to increase the device’s performance and battery life by flashing a custom kernel, flashing a custom ROM, take complete backups with the NANDroid sometimes even root a device depending on the rooting methods that are available for your device.
These are the guidelines to install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E5 device using the Flashify application:
Files You Need
- Download the CWM touch recovery from here.
- Install the Flashify application from the Google Play Store directly on your Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone.
- Understand that this is an unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery build, but it is helped by the real founder of ClockworkMod so it should be pretty stable.
Installing CWM Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E5 E500
- Download the CWM file from the files section above and have it on the desktop of the computer.
- Extract the custom recovery image (.img file) and have it waiting on the desktop.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the CWM custom recovery image file over to the root of your SD card internal storage.
- Unplug your Samsung Galaxy E5 device from the computer and open the Flashify application from your app section.
- Tap on the ‘Recovery Image’ option within the Flashify application.
- Upload your image file from the device’s SD card.
- Tap on the ‘Yup’ button.
- The custom recovery is now being installed on your Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone; tap on the ‘Reboot Now’ option when it’s complete.
You can boot the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone to the recovery mode any time you want. Furthermore, rooting the Samsung Galaxy E5 will mean you can install the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store. The Quick Boot app gives you a variety of buttons to push.