These are the steps to install CWM recovery on the Walton Prime GH2 smartphone with the help of MobileUncle tools. CWM recovery stands for ClockworkMod recovery, and is the original custom recovery people installed years ago. CWM uses the same Volume and Power keys of your Walton device as the stock recovery normally would. So, if you are familiar with using your stock recovery, you’ll be fine using this version of custom recovery.
CWM gives your Walton smartphone the same options to recover your device as the stock recovery. The difference is that CWM gives you more options than just recovering the device, such as the ability to take NANDroid backups and flash a custom ROM.
Files You Need
- Download the ClockworkMod recovery you need for the Walton GH2 from this page.
- Download the MobileUncle MTK Tools package from the Google Play Store here.
- Installing CWM recovery on the Walton Primo GH2 smartphone does void the Walton warranty. You can flash the stock recovery on the GH2 at a later date and get the warranty working again. By installing the stock recovery, you are wiping the custom recovery at the same time.
- The guide to extract a file when it is on the desktop is relevant for a Windows PC. The way in which you extract a file may vary between operating systems.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Walton Primo GH2
- Download the custom recovery for the GH2 from the files section above and have it on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Walton GH2 handset to the computer using the USB cable.
- Extract the recovery file by right-clicking over the file and choosing the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Copy the recovery.img file over to the root of the SD card of the GH2 smartphone. The root of the SD card means do not hide it in a sub folder.
- Unplug your Walton device from the computer and disconnect the USB cable.
- Open the MobileUncle MTK Tools app from your app drawer or install it and open it if you haven’t downloaded it from the Google Play Store already.
- Tap the button and grant the Superuser access when the MobileUncle MTK Tools app asks for the same.
- Tap on the ‘Recovery Update’ button.
- The MobileUncle MTK Tools will now browse your SD card for the ClockworkMod recovery file.
- Tap over the recovery.img file when it shows it on the display.
- Tap on the ‘OK’ button to confirm you do want to flash the CWM file.
The CWM recovery is now flashed on your Walton Primo GH2 smartphone thanks to the MobileUncle MTK Tools apps. That means your stock recovery is replaced with a custom recovery. You can choose to flash any other custom recovery over CWM when it becomes available. Furthermore, you can choose to flash the stock recovery any time you choose.
You might be interested in learning how to boot the Walton Primo GH2 into the custom recovery mode you just installed.
Furthermore, you might be interested in checking out how to root the Walton Primo GH2 smartphone.