The Windows 10 operating system comes with a Microsoft Store app, where you can find the latest movies and TV programs and watch them from anywhere you want. When you go to watch a program, the default application that opens if the Movies and TV app.
The Movies and TV app has replaced the Windows Media Player that was available in past versions of Windows. The new name helps avoid any confusion from when people head to the Microsoft Store to view the Movies and TV section.
When you download files to your computer, Windows 10 automatically needs to assign a location for them to end up. The location for everything by default is on the C: drive. Windows will even take it one step further for you and categorize your downloads onto the C: drive. For example, when you save a document to the computer it will automatically end up in the Documents folder, when you download a picture from the internet it’ll end up in the Downloads folder, and so on.
If you prefer, you can change the default location of where new movies and TV show content is saved so it is no longer on the C: drive but rather one of the alternative drives you may have on your computer.
How to Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10
You can change the default location of where new movies and TV content is saved from the Settings app in Windows 10. The Movies and TV app gives you a direct shortcut to get there. Here’s how you can find it:
1. Open the Movies & TV app by typing Movies & TV into the search field in the taskbar and then click on the Movies & TV app that appears in the list of results.
2. With Movies & TV open, click on the three dotted More options menu, and then click on the Settings link. (click to enlarge screenshot below)
3. Under the Download location heading, click on the Modify your storage settings link. (click to enlarge screenshot below)
4. Under the More storage settings heading in the right side of the window, click on the Change where new content is saved link. (click to enlarge screenshot below)
5. Click on the drop-down menu for where it shows New movies and TV shows will save to:. (click to enlarge screenshot below)
You can now close the Settings app and continue using your computer if you like.