This page contains the official Vodafone Smart Style 7 stock ROM (firmware) flash file that you can download on your computer and then install by using the appropriate flashing tool that’s made to work for your manufacturer.
Android is an operating system that runs on devices spread across many manufacturers, all with the same goal of offering customers the most user-friendly experience they can while it also being unique. The way many of these manufacturers do this is by offering a custom skin for the Android OS that’ll make it different from anything you would find from another manufacturer. Some manufacturers like to keep things close to stock Android instead (like the current Motorola firmware for instance), but the only company out there who offer Android exactly the same way as Android developers left it is Google with their Google Nexus and Google Pixel range of devices. This is because Google actually owns the Android OS.
Naturally, not everyone is going to love the combination of hardware and the software that any one device is given. Things will generally stay the same for all software coming from the same manufacturer, but you could always swap it for a more pure version of Android by using custom software. This is known as debloating the current ROM which can be one of the reasons for installing custom software.
As with all types of firmware flashing, you need to be careful that you are flashing the correct ROM or else you can brick the device. This typically means you need to find the right ROM that is made for your model number, with the odd exceptions to the list where model numbers can stay the same and hardware can vary across countries, like with some ZTE handsets for instance.
If you’re someone who does flash other software, then there’s always the chance that you’ll want to go back to the stock ROM later. You can only do that by flashing the stock ROM manually. You might also be interested in flashing the stock firmware to fix bootloops, update problems, software bugs, smartphones that have hanging software, and other common issues that people may find.
Download Vodafone Smart Style 7 Firmware Flash File
File Name: Vodafone_Smart_Style_7_VFD600
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Flash Vodafone Smart Style 7 Stock ROM Using Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
1. Install the Qualcomm USB driver on the same computer that you plan on using for the installation of the flashing tool.
2. Next, download the latest Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) file on the computer and then extract the file by right-clicking on it and choosing “Extract” from the menu.
3. Open the Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) folder and then double-click on the QFIL application so that the flashing tool launches. (It’s the file with the green icon.)
4. Turn off the smartphone that you want to flash and hold the Volume Up key and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
5. Click on the “Browse” button from the QFIL interface and upload the firmware file that you’re looking to flash to this location. (This is often the file with the “.mbn” extension at the end.)
6. Give QFIL a few seconds to load the rest of the data automatically.
7. Click on the “Download” button, and the flashing will begin.
Note: Firmware files can be quite large and subsequently it’s not unusual for the flashing to take 10 minutes or sometimes even longer. You know the firmware is flashed when the device reboots for the last time.
For a more detailed how-to guide, you can check out our other article on how to use Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL).
Alternative Flash Tool
[*] Some Vodafone smartphones require a different flashing tool than the standard SP Flash Tool and the Vodafone Smart Style 7 may be one of them. This device might need the Qcom Phone Download Tools to get the firmware file installed instead.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- How to Download and Install Vodafone Stock ROM for All Models
- How to Download and Install Vodafone Smart Kicka VE VFD100 Smartphone Stock ROM
- How to Download and Install Vodafone Smart Prime 6 VF-895N Smartphone Stock ROM
- How to Download and Install Vodafone Smart Tab 3G Smartphone Stock ROM
- How to Download and Install Vodafone Power Tab 10 VF1296 Smartphone Stock ROM
- How to Download and Install Vodafone Smart Tab 2 3G VFD1100 Smartphone Stock ROM