This page contains the download link for the official Vivo X5V stock ROM (firmware) flash file that can be installed by using a flashing tool on a computer. All you need to do is make sure you have the right flashing tool that is going to be able to flash firmware for your manufacturer and chipset.
Flashing firmware files manaully is usually done to repair problems or take away device customizations. Smartphone repair centers initially used flash tools to help fix bootloops, software errors, update errors, and so forth. Outside of that, device owners would only install over-the-air updates to get updated to newer versions of Android. Now though things are much different and people all over the world are choosing just to flash the firmware themselves to fix common problems.
It isn’t entirely out of the ordinary to have a manufacturer advertise firmware updates that people can download from their websites to update devices just for the sake of having better software running on the device either. A manufacturer can sometimes showcase these firmware updates that can be installed to help update to new features, too. For example, the BLU manufacturer has been known to do this.
Nonetheless, most of the time when people use smartphones they just install over-the-air updates. OTAs are mostly differential updates that don’t replace full files but instead just patch over the top of the existing ones. Anyone who makes system partition changes—like if you were to get root access and remove system apps, install BusyBox, etc.—may experience unexpected behavior when going back to a differential update.
Installing firmware files manually technically is not a differential update anymore, but they still come with a warning from custom recovery image developers. They still say the best way to update your device if you have customized it with a custom recovery image is to install custom software, but they also say if you must remove the custom recovery image it’s best to go back completely to stock by flashing the firmware manually with a flash tool.
You may also want to stick with custom software if you have made system partition changes. You can use a search engine such as Google to find out more information on what makes system partition changes.
Download Vivo X5V Firmware Flash File
File Name: Vivo_X5V_PD1401V_13102015
Firmware File: Download Flash File
How to Flash Vivo X5V Stock ROM Using Lenovo Downloader Tool
1. Download and install the Qualcomm USB driver on the computer that you plan on using for the flashing.
Note: You could also install the Vivo X5V USB driver instead of the Qualcomm USB driver if the Qualcomm version isn’t working during your time of visit.
2. Download the latest version of the Lenovo Downloader Tool and then extract the package on your computer.
3. Open the Lenovo Downloader Tool.
4. Click on the “Load” button from the top left-hand side of the Lenovo Downloader Tool’s interface.
5. Navigate through to the Vivo X5V firmware file that you downloaded earlier and then load it to this location.
6. Click on the “Start” button.
7. Turn off the fast boot mode if your device has one, and then turn the device off completely.
8. Now connect the smartphone to the computer with the USB cable while holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
9. Provided that you’ve installed the drivers and done everything correctly, the Lenovo Downloader Tool should start the flashing now automatically.
10. Since these firmware files are quite large, the flashing process can take as long as ten to fifteen minutes to complete, and your device may reboot a few times during that period.
11. Wait until you can see the green “Passed” message showing up on the Lenovo Downloader Tool interface before disconnecting.
For a more detailed guide, you can now check out our how to use the Lenovo Downlaoder Tool page.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download Vivo Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Vivo Y22L Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Vivo X5F Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Vivo X5 Max F Stock ROM for Your Device