Here’s what you need to download the official Vivo X5 Max L stock ROM (firmware) flash file onto a computer. You can then flash the firmware with the appropriate flashing tool that’s made to work with your device in mind.
Smartphone repair centers were the first places to know about flashing tools, as they often used them to help fix common mobile device-related problems. Since then they have become available on the Web for anybody to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-bricked devices, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer at home. And best of all, installing the Vivo X5 Max L flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or installed a custom recovery on the smartphone or tablet. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they also say that it’s always best to flash the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software.
The flashing tools, such as the Lenovo Downloader tool, are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Vivo X5 Max L firmware file. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, tools that are specifically made to work for a particular manufacturer.
Download Vivo X5 Max L Firmware Flash File
File Name: Vivo_X5_Max_L_PD1408L_16102015
Firmware File: Download Flash File
How to Flash Vivo X5 Max L Stock ROM Using Lenovo Downloader Tool
1. Download and install the Qualcomm USB driver on the computer that you plan on using for the flashing.
Note: You could also install the Vivo X5 Max L USB driver instead of the Qualcomm USB driver if the Qualcomm version isn’t working during your time of visit.
2. Download the latest version of the Lenovo Downloader Tool and then extract the package on your computer.
3. Open the Lenovo Downloader Tool.
4. Click on the “Load” button from the top left-hand side of the Lenovo Downloader Tool’s interface.
5. Navigate through to the Vivo X5 Max L firmware file that you downloaded earlier and then load it to this location.
6. Click on the “Start” button.
7. Turn off the fast boot mode if your device has one, and then turn the device off completely.
8. Now connect the smartphone to the computer with the USB cable while holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
9. Provided that you’ve installed the drivers and done everything correctly, the Lenovo Downloader Tool should start the flashing now automatically.
10. Since these firmware files are quite large, the flashing process can take as long as ten to fifteen minutes to complete, and your device may reboot a few times during that period.
11. Wait until you can see the green “Passed” message showing up on the Lenovo Downloader Tool interface before disconnecting.
For a more detailed guide, you can now check out our how to use the Lenovo Downlaoder Tool page.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download Vivo Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Vivo X5F Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Vivo X5V Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Vivo X5 Max F Stock ROM for Your Device