Here’s what you need to download the official Vivo S7T stock ROM (firmware) flash file onto a computer. You can then flash the firmware with the appropriate flashing tool that’s made to work with your device in mind.
Smartphone repair centers were the first places to know about flashing tools, as they often used them to help fix common mobile device-related problems. Since then they have become available on the Web for anybody to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-bricked devices, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer at home. And best of all, installing the Vivo S7T flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or installed a custom recovery on the smartphone or tablet. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they also say that it’s always best to flash the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software.
The flashing tools, such as the Smartphone flash tool, are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Vivo S7T firmware file. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, tools that are specifically made to work for a particular manufacturer.
Download Vivo S7T Firmware Flash File
File Name: Vivo_S7T_MT6575_ALPS.ICS2.TDD.MP.V1.2
Android Version: Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Firmware File: Download Flash File
How to Flash Vivo S7T Stock ROM Using Smartphone Flash Tool
1. Download and install the Android USB driver on the computer. (The Android USB driver should be all you need for the flashing tool to be able to communicate with your device, but you can also install the Vivo S7T USB driver as an alternative if you need it.)
2. Download the Vivo S7T stock firmware package on your computer and then extract it by right-clicking on the file and selecting the extract option from the menu.
3. Download the Smartphone Flash Tool on your computer and then extract the file as well, using the same method for extraction as the stock firmware.
4. Open the SP Flash Tool by clicking in its application found inside the extracted folder.
5. Click on the “Download” tab from the SP Flash Tool’s interface.
6. Click on the “Choose” button where it gives the “Scatter-loading option.
7. Browse the computer and open the extracted Vivo S7T firmware folder for the scatter file and then upload it to this location.
8. Click on the “Download” button, so your device is ready to start receiving the firmware.
9. Turn off the Android device and then connect it to the computer with its USB cable. (Press one of the Volume buttons after making the connection, so that the computer can pick it up easily.)
10. The firmware flashing now begins automatically. You know it’s finished when you can see a green tick from the SP Flash Tool’s interface.
For a more detailed guide complete with screenshots, you can check out how to flash stock firmware using the Smartphone Flash Tool.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download Vivo Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Vivo X20 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Vivo Y21L Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Vivo E1 Stock ROM for Your Device