If you had recently updated your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.0 Lollipop OS then you should know how to root your device because as you know Xposed installer for Android 5.0 Lollipop is already here and to run it your phone should have root access. Today in this article I’ll tell you how to root your Note 3 on Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware and for a bonus I’ll tell you how to install the best recovery, which is TWRP on your Note 3. So go on gather a windows based PC and your phone and let’s get started. Also do not skip any part of this article.
Now if you are new to this root and recovery things, you don’t know what they mean? Or what’s the relation of this with your phone? Then let me tell you rooting your device is something like unlocking a gateway to your phone’s system files so some apps can alter these files and perform their task. Don’t worry rooting your phone won’t hurt your phone in any way, you can use your phone like before. Only the difference is that you can run apps those needs root access to do the task. Rooting your phone also opens a world of customizations for your phone.
Recovery is a hidden mode on your phone that is responsible for various tasks like factory resetting your phone, installing updates or clearing the cache. You can get access to this mode by some key combinations which I tell you later in this article. And custom recovery is one which has some more options and features to tweak your phones interface and performance. Custom recovery also lets you to flash custom kernels, increase CPU’s clock limit (overclocking) and custom ROMs. And this custom recovery also has a touchscreen feature that means you can use it like any application.
Let me tell you that rooting or installing custom recovery is not recommended by Google or Samsung as this is an illegal process. Also this process is very risky and may brick your phone is not done correctly. But don’t worry the process I’m going tell you is very easy, we are going to do this using Odin software made by Samsung for these purpose only for Samsung smartphones.
Details of Note
- Rooting your device may void your phones warranty and next time when you take your phone for assistance you will be charged for that. To remove root access from your phone and bring back your phone’s warranty you can go here.
- You need to do some preparations before rooting your device, you need a Windows-based PC with internet connection, a USB cable and your phone. Also disable any type of security related software, like antivirus and anti malware as they can interrupt the process which may lead to bricking your device. Also enable USB debugging option on your phone by going to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging option. If you can’t see Developer options in settings menu, then enable it by going to settings > About phone > tap on Build Number 7 times.
- During this rooting and flashing process your phone will go through several restart and takes too much power so better charge your phone to at least 75% battery so it won’t go off by itself as it may brick your device.
- Now you are all set to root your Galaxy Note 3 and remember that this guide is only for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 users. Do not try to perform this on any other device or your device may get bricked.
Steps to Root and Install Custom Recovery on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Download Super SU package from here and TWRP recovery image file from here.
- Download Odin from here.
- Download and install Samsung Kies to your PC so USB drivers for your Note 3 automatically.
- Transfer the SuperSU zip package to your phone and unplug it after transfer’s done.
- Now Run Odin on PC.
- Reboot your phone to download mode by turning your phone off completely and turn it up by pressing the power key, volume down key and home key together.
- Once in download mode, connect your Note 3 to PC via USB cable.
- On Odin click on “PDA” and select the TWRP image file downloaded before.
- And click on “Start”, after some time you will see a “PASS” message in Odin now you can unplug your device from the PC and boot it normally.
- Now to root, Boot your Note 3 to recovery mode by boot your phone by pressing the volume up key, power key and home key together.
- From recovery tap on “Install” then “choose zip from SD card” then select the SuperSU zip file download before.
- After installing come to home screen and tap on “Reboot” and “System”.
- This will reboot your phone normally to OS.
Have fun with your rooted Note 3, now you can run apps those need root access. Do like and share this article with friends.