Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4, quite big name but for a beast. So if you are having one of this beast and updated it to Android 5.0 Lollipop so now its time for a cool move, free your phone from these bars and make your phone powerful than ever. Well Google made its Android 5.0 Lollipop secure than ever but there are some developers who finally found a way to root your device running Android 5.0 Lollipop. Now pick up your phone and a windows based PC, today I’ll tell you a very easy way to root your phone.
First I want to tell you that rooting your phone is not and official process, Google or Samsung both don’t recommend these type of actions with their device. Rooting your phone may void your phone’s warranty, so next time you will be charged for assistance on your phone. There is only one way to remove root access from your phone is to install stock firmware on your Sprint Note 4, to do this just go here. This is also a very risky process if you won’t read carefully and applied some wrong method, then you may lose your device so do this at your own risk, don’t blame us if you bricked your device.
This root method and root files are provided by Chain-fire, they also made root method for various other devices. Now its your turn to use CF Auto Root exploit method to root your Note 4. Odin will be used in this method, Odin is an official software to flash official firmware files for Samsung devices like recovery, kernel or update firmware file and it is safe also, you just have to click some buttons and Odin will do its duty.
So what to do after rooting? if this is your question then let me tell you that rooting is the first step in the world of customization in Android universe. You can do some cool things with your rooted phone like some apps need root access like “2 lines for WhatsApp” or “Link2SD” and many more. Or you can tweak your phones interface, performance, boot animation and much more. You can also flash custom recoveries, custom kernels and custom ROMs like Cyanogen Mod and Paranoid Android. So basically root access is a must in a high-end phones like yours.
Details of Note
- Now what you have to do first is to back up your phones important files and data. As i told you before that this process is risky so backup your contacts by syncing them on Google account and backup all of your important files to your PC or any other external drive. Also move your phones media files to phone’s SD card and remove it during this process.
- Now some preparations, you need a Windows-based PC (Mac or Linux can’t do that) and a USB cable. Also disable any kind of security based software like antivirus or anti malware as they can interfere during the process and might kill your phone. On phone, enable USB debugging option by going to settings > Developer Options > enable USB debugging option (if you can’t see Developer Options there then go to settings > About phone > tap on Build Number 7 times this will enable Developer Options in Settings menu).
- This process reboots your phone several times and this will eat some battery so better charge your phone to at least 50% so it won’t go off during the process as it may brick your device.
- In the end, a warning this process is only for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 so do not try this on any other Samsung devices as it may brick your device.
Steps to Root Spring Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Lollipop OS
- Download these files: Odin, Samsung Kies and this CF Auto Root file here.
- Now extract Odin and install Kies on your PC.
- Now launch Odin on PC.
- Boot your phone to download mode by turning your phone off completely and turn it on by pressing the power key, volume down key and home key together.
- Now connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- When you see “added” message to Odin, click on “PDA” and select the CF Auto Root file from your PC.
- Finally click on “Start” in Odin.
- After some your phone will be flashed with the root file and your phone will reboot automatically.
There you go, you have root access on your Note 4. If anything bothers you or you are facing any difficulties with this process drop your query in comment section below. And don’t forget to like and share this tutorial with your friends.