Are you looking to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 in Android 5.0.1 Lollipop?
Well, by following the guide after the jump you can easily do that and prepare your handset so it can flash a custom ROM and install root-only apps from Google Play.
Here’s how to do that.
- The Galaxy S4 comes in a few different variants. You want the model number of yours to read GT-I9500. You can verify yours is the same by heading over to the Settings > About Device menu and taking a look.
- There are a few different software updates for this handset. This guide helps those of you running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones.
- Understand that you are voiding the warranty by following the guide. Most of you won’t have any of that left anyway.
- Backup the data like phone contacts, pictures call logs and other data to the internal SD card storage before starting.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 GT-I9500 IN ANDROID 5.0.1 LOLLIPOP
1. Download the rooting file you need from here.
2. Download the version of Odin you need from here.
3. Extract the files to the desktop and run Odin.
4. Completely switch off the S4 by holding down the power button for 15 seconds.
5. Boot the Samsung Galaxy S4 in Download Mode.
6. Press the Volume Up key when you see the yellow warning triangle.
7. Now connect the S4 to the computer with the USB cable.
8. Click the PDA button and upload the CF-Root.tar file from the other extracted file on the desktop.
9. You’ll see some options in the Odin app, leave them.
10. Click the Start button and wait until it’s done.
Your S4 will reboot when it’s done, and you will see a PASS message on the screen. Now you can start installing extra apps from Google Play. You might want to try out BusyBox first.