The Huawei Honor 3x is exclusively available on FlipKart for sale. The cool phone has some great hardware with which you can do more on your Honor 3x but you can do a lot more after rooting your phone and to do that, you landed in the right page. I will tell you how you can root your Huawei phone in minutes. With this process you don’t have to download any root package or install then from the recovery you just have to download a software on your PC and root your phone using that.
Rooting an Android device of common going now days, but that doesn’t mean that it is an official process. It is still an unofficial process which honor and Google both don’t recommend you to do with your phone. Since the manufacturer doesn’t recommend it, that means that your phone’s warranty will get void if you root for your phone. Then you can’t be able to claim your warranty in any circumstances. It is also a risky process which may brick your phone if you if you skip any step out perform it in the wrong way. So better read all the steps carefully before applying them to your phone and take all the precautions mentioned here.
If you love your data stored on your phone and don’t want to let it go for nothing, then please make a backup of it to your PC which will keep It safe from any wrong happenings. You can also take a backup of your phone’s contacts by syncing them to your Google account or you can also export them to your phone’s SD card. Media files like photos, videos and music are very important in any phone so also backup them to your PC or any other external drive. If still you lose any of your data, don’t blame us for that.
What Is Rooting the Android Operating System?
When you buy a new smartphone, you might not know it, but the Android operating system is in a “locked” state. For the most part, it will not make much difference to you: most apps are still available to use, and there are benefits to this locked state such as better security. When you root the Android operating system, you are gaining full administrative rights over the OS.
Why Would You Want to Root Android?
Gaining full administrative rights over the operating system has some perks to some people. For example, out of the millions of applications available on Google Play, some of them will not be able to run on your device unless it has root access. Until you have a specific need for wanting Android rooted, you probably want to leave Android as it comes out of the box. But if you need to unlock an app, then that is when you want to look into rooting methods. Using more apps is only one example of why you may want root access, here is the full list of benefits:
- Unlock more applications. Some of the apps available for Android cannot run unless you have root access. This is because the app’s features cannot run without the root permissions because the features require the full system access before they can be useful.
- Better battery life. Smartphones are great, but they have one caveat, which is each time you recharge the battery, it loses some of its overall lifespan. That means smartphones, in general, do not make great investments, and if your weekly paycheck is low, you will want to limit the number of smartphones you go through. One of the ways you can do that is by removing bloatware and creating a better battery life.
- Bolster performance. If you are the budget-conscious shopper, you may want to increase the device’s performance. This can be done by removing the bloatware as well. The more processes you have running, the more memory that is used. By removing some of the apps, it can help lighten the load on your hardware.
- Customize Android with themes. With root access, you can download and install any theme that’s at your disposal. That includes any customized theme you can find.
What Are the Risks of Rooting?
If you are buying a smartphone that is not running iOS, then it is probably the Android operating system that you want running as the ideal software to pair with your shiny new hardware. It is, in fact, the Android OS that offers you the chance to customize the OS considerably more than iOS: custom themes, run any app you know about, the works. For many users, the “openness” of an operating system is important, because it offers them more freedom which means running into fewer problems with their investments. But there is a reason iOS likes a far more locked approach: the ability to customize is not for everyone, and if you do not know what you are doing it can lead to a lot of problems which can define your time with the OS rather than freedom.
With power (full admin permissions) comes greater responsibility. Here are some of the main risk factors when it comes to rooting:
- Malware becomes a larger threat. You might read the occasional news article about how new malware is wreaking havoc in parts of the world on Android. But the Android operating system with root access becomes considerably more vulnerable to exploits because applications are no longer prisoned off in their own sandbox environments. This means if you accidentally download malware, it can do more damage because it can spread throughout the operating system and even jump into other applications and potentially view sensitive data.
- You can accidentally brick the smartphone. There is always a chance that you end up bricking the smartphone before you had the opportunity to use it with root access. That is because if you are going to brick it, it is going to happen during the rooting process.
- You may void the warranty. Most manufacturers do not allow you to root the Android operating system and still get to bring it in for repairs under warranty. Whether they are legally meant to do that or not is another question, but it is now common knowledge that most do not want to help you if they find out you have unlocked the OS with root access.
Details of Note
- Backup the data you have on the Honor 3X smartphone before starting from when you need to apply a factory Reset. You should backup the phone contacts, MMS and SMS texts, pictures, movies and videos, music files and any other data you want to keep.
- You need a Windows PC and not a Mac or different operating system.
- A USB cable and your phone with enough battery to stay on during all this process (at least 60%).
- On your PC disable any antivirus installed on it or it may brick down your phone.
- You also need to unlock the Developer Options menu. Go to the Settings > About Device menu on the phone and tap the build number seven times to unlock the Developer Options menu. Understand that you are not unlocking a new Developer Mode that takes you out of the normal mode. However, you can hide the Developer Options menu once again if you don’t want it available from the Settings menu.
- Now that the Developer Options menu is unlocked, you should enter it from the Settings. From there you ought to enable the USB Debugging mode. You must enable the USB Debugging Mode since you are connecting the Huawei Honor 3X to the computer to finish the guide.
Rooting the Huawei Honor 3X
- Download Root Genius from here and install it on your PC.
- After the installation is complete, launch the Root Genius from the desktop.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using USB cable.
- The Root Genius application will detect your phone.
- Follow the steps provided by Root Genius software.
- When all done, reboot your phone.
That’s it! Your phone has the system internals unchained and you can install apps that need root access. If your phone stuck in boot loop then you can reboot your phone recovery mode and factory reset your phone. A factory reset is also your best bet to solve many problems. Just remember you must make a backup of the data on the Honor 3X smartphone before applying the hard reset or you will lose that data. For all other issues, you may post them in the comment section below.