The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is a miniature version of the flagship under the same name. It has the luxury of the Android 5.0 lollipop update on it this year. Today I will tell you an easy way to root your phone running Android 5.0 Lollipop version. You don’t have to downgrade your phone to android 4.4 KitKat to taste root access on your phone. So stay tuned and follow all steps carefully to root your phone successfully.
Rooting is an unofficial process which should not be done if you don’t know what you are doing. The rooting process is risky also and may brick your device if not done properly. Rooting your phone also voids your phone’s warranty and you can’t claim it back till your phone is rooted, you will be charged for that.
Always makes a backup of your important data like phone contacts, calls logs, SMS texts, pictures, videos and music before performing any unofficial process like rooting or tweaking your phone. Backup all of your important data stored on your phone to any safe place as it may wipe your data if anything goes wrong during this rooting process. You should sync all of your important contacts to your Google account, this will keep your contacts safe. Also backup all of your media files like photos, videos or music to your PC or any other external drive.
What you need is a Windows PC with ADB drivers and flash tool installed on it, make sure that your phone should have all the security based software like antivirus or anti malware disabled. You will also need a USB cable and your phone with boot loader unlocked (this process will not work on locked boot loader).
Steps to root Sony Xperia Z1 compact on Android Lollipop
- First you have to download and install Sony USB drivers on your PC (this will help your PC to detect your phone).
- Download boot.img and SuperSU on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable and launch the Flash tool.
- Open the flash tool and click on the lightning icon.
- Now select Fastboot mode on mode selector and click on OK.
- Now click on “Reboot into Fastboot mode (via ADB)” wait for your phone to reboot to fast boot mode and then click on “reboot to fastboot mode (via fastboot)”.
- Now click on “select kernel to flash”, followed by selecting the boot.img downloaded in step 2, this will flash your phone with TWRP recovery.
- After the flashing is complete, click on the “reboot device into system” option.
- After your phone gets rebooted to the normal OS mode, transfer the SuperSU zip file to your phone, reboot your phone to Recovery Mode and flash the SuperSU zip file to your phone.
Congratulations. Your phone has the root access and now you can run apps like Xposed installer to tweak your phone your way. You can also ask me anything about this process using the comment section below. Be sure to test it’s working by installing the root checker app from Google Play.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Install KingRoot Android 8.0 Oreo APK App for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 7.1 Nougat APK App for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 7.0 Nougat APK for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow APK App for Android Mobile
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.