The following tutorial demonstrates how to remove the PUP.Optional.ShopAtHome.A malware from Windows computers.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.ShopAtHome.A Using AdwCleaner
1. Download the AdwCleaner from the Malwarebytes website. (See screenshot below)
2. If you are prompted by User Account Control and asked “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device,” click on “Yes.”
3. After the scan completes, keep any threats checked and then click on the “Clean & Repair” button.
4. The AdwCleaner needs to close all programs and restart the computer before it can finish cleaning up your computer. Click on “Clean & Restart Now.”
Make sure you save any work you don’t want to lose because your browser windows will not open with the same pages again after the reboot.
5. When the computer boots back up and you sign in to your account, the AdwCleaner interface will automatically open again and shows you that the cleanup is complete. You may also choose to view the log file of the results.
You can now close the AdwCleaner window.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.ShopAtHome.A Using Malwarebytes
1. Visit the Malwarebytes website and then click on the “Free Download” link for your operating system.
2. If your web browser shows a message that says “this type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep the executable file anyway?,” click on the “Keep” button.
3. If prompted by User Account Control and asked: “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?,” click on the “Yes” button.
4. Select between “Personal computer and “Work computer” for where you are installing Malwarebytes ad then click on the “Continue” button.
5. Click on the “Agree and Install” button to accept the license agreement.
6. Click on the “Finish” button when the Malwarebytes installation is complete.
7. The Malwarebytes interface should open on its own. If it doesn’t, click on its application that is now on your desktop.
8. Click on the “Scan Now” button to bring the scan.
9. Malwarebytes will then take a few moments to run a quick scan of the computer.
10. Place a tick on the boxes next to the malware threats and then click on the “Quarantine Selected” button.
11. If Malwarebytes hasn’t solved the malware on your computer, you can visit their website and contact them to let them know of the issue that their software is not yet fixing.
You can now close the Malwarebytes application.