Got Nokia X or XL? Don’t like the interface and performance? Yes, I felt it too when I bought Nokia XL. But I had a solution for this, this solution not only gives your phone a new look also will improve processing performance and battery performance. Custom ROM always boost the performance and battery life in any every Android device, and you can get it too with MIUI experience on your Nokia X or XL.
Custom ROM installing needs some preparations and precautions so you won’t get stuck in the situation where there is no u-turn to came back to your phone. So take a full backup of the ROM by going to recovery and use the backup option to make a backup of full stock ROM and you can use restore option to restore your phone back. You need to root your phone before installing any custom ROM or you will et error while installing a custom ROM on your phone.
Backup, your data before installing this custom on your phone because installing custom ROM, will wipe your phone’s internal memory. You can sync your contacts to your Google account to keep them safe or make a backup by exporting them to your phone’s SD card. If you want then you can also make a backup of your installed apps using titanium backup app available for free in Google Play Store, this app needs root to do it job. Also, charge your phone to at least 70% battery before all this process.
- MIUI V5 ROM
- Google Apps zip
- PATCH ONLY FOR NOKIA XL USERS
How to install MIUI V5 to Nokia X or XL
- Download the MIUI V5 ROM and put it on your phone’s SD card, not the internal memory.
- Turn your phone off and turn it on to recovery mode, do that by pressing and holding volume down and power key together for some time.
- In recovery tap on backup and confirm to make a full backup of the previous ROM.
- After that tap on the wipe button and confirm to erase the total internal memory including system.
- Now come back to the main menu and tap on the Install and then chose the MIUI zip file and swipe it to install the file.
- After that install, the Google apps using the same method just don’t wipe.
THIS STEP IS ONLY FOR NOKIA XL USERS; NOKIA X USERS CAN SKIP THIS STEP: install the Nokia XL patch.
You have to wait for some time to let it boot up for the first time after that you can regularly use your phone.