Here’s what you need to download the official Micromax Q491 Canvas Amaze 4G firmware (stock ROM) flash file onto your computer. You can then use one of the compatible flashing tools to update the firmware on your smartphone or tablet.
Flashing tools were initially developed by the companies that were associated with the device’s hardware and were mainly kept in-house, adopted in the back rooms of smartphone repair centers to fix common mobile device-related problems. The tools were later published on the Web for anyone to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-brick situations, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer instead. What’s more is that installing the Micromax Q491 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or replaced the stock recovery partition with a custom one. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they strongly suggest flashing the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software instead of completely replacing it.
The flashing tools such as the Qualcomm Flash Image Loader tool are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files that won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Micromax Q491 stock ROM. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, apps that are designed to work for a particular manufacturer. And depending on the file, there are times when you can flash firmware directly from the device’s recovery mode, too.
Download Micromax Q491 Canvas Amaze 4G Firmware (Stock ROM) Flash File
File Name: Micromax_Q491_MSM8916_V125_M30_MP_0122
File Name: Micromax_Q491_V125_M30_MP_0122
How to Install Micromax Q491 Flash File Using Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
1. Install the Qualcomm USB driver on the same computer that you plan on using for the installation of the flashing tool.
Note: You could also install the Micromax Q491 USB driver if the Qualcomm USB driver isn’t working during your time of visit.
2. Download the latest Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) file on the computer and then extract the file by right-clicking on it and choosing “Extract” from the menu.
3. Download the Micromax Q491 stock firmware package and then extract it by right-clicking on it and choosing the option to extract it.
4. Open the Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) folder and then double-click on the QFIL application so that the flashing tool launches. (It’s the file with the green icon.)
5. Turn off the smartphone that you want to flash and hold the Volume Up key and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
6. Click on the “Browse” button from the QFIL interface and upload the firmware file that you’re looking to flash to this location. (This is often the file with the “.mbn” extension at the end.)
7. Give QFIL a few seconds to load the rest of the data automatically.
8. Click on the “Download” button, and the flashing will begin.
That’s all you need to have installed the Micromax Q491 official firmware.
For a more detailed how-to guide, you can check out our other article on how to use Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL).
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your Micromax Canvas Amaze 4G smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
You might also be interested in:
- Download Micromax Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Micromax A25 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Micromax A26 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Micromax A27 Stock ROM for Your Device