Here’s what you need to download the official Micromax Q4260 Canvas Evok Power firmware (stock ROM) flash file onto your computer. You can then use one of the compatible flashing tools to update the firmware on your smartphone or tablet.
Flashing tools were initially developed by the companies that were associated with the device’s hardware and were mainly kept in-house, used in the back rooms of smartphone repair centers to fix common mobile device-related problems. The tools were later published on the Web for anyone to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-brick situations, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer at home instead. What’s more, installing the Micromax Q4260 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or replaced the stock recovery partition with a custom one. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they strongly suggest flashing the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software instead of completely replacing it.
The flashing tools such as the Smartphone flash tool are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Micromax Q4260 firmware file. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, apps that are designed to work for a particular manufacturer.
What Is Android Firmware?
Firmware is the operating system and its applications that control how the smartphone or tablet that runs on Android operates. While you may see the words “software update available” on your device’s display, we call it firmware to highlight its close relationship with the device manufacturers hardware.
If you prefer technical jargon, firmware is the specific programming that gets written to a device’s non-volatile memory. The firmware gets added to the device during the manufacturing process and is the middle man in helping software run on the hardware. Firmware can be written as read-only memory (ROM), erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM), or flash memory.
The Android operating system is more open than much of its competitors in iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, and Tizen. You always get firmware running on your device out of the box, but if you do not like it, you can swap it over with custom firmware or other firmware versions that were made for your device. This flexibility helps with troubleshooting, or if you know you would prefer a different Android version that was made available.
Why Reinstall Stock Firmware?
Did you think you may need to restore the stock firmware on your device? Here are some of the things that you can achieve with stock firmware files:
- Upgrade or downgrade the version of Android on your device
- Fix common mobile device-related problems, such as unbearable bugs in the software
- Remove custom recovery images such as TWRP
- Unroot the Android operating system, regardless of what method/tool you may have used to get root access
- Unbrick your smartphone or tablet
- Reinstall the operating system
- Fix invalid IMEI problems
Micromax Q4260 Canvas Evok Power Firmware Flash File Download Links
File Name: Micromax_Q4260_MT6737M_SW_V1.1.1_HW_V1.0
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Flash Micromax Q4260 Stock ROM Using Smartphone Flash Tool
1. Download and install the Android USB driver on the computer.
Note: You could also install the Micromax Q4260 USB driver instead of the Android USB driver if you wanted or if the Android driver wasn’t working.
2. Turn off the Android smartphone, ensuring that the battery is also removed if the device comes with a removable one.
3. Download the Micromax Q4260 stock firmware package on your computer and then extract it by right-clicking on the file and selecting the extract option from the menu.
4. Download the Smartphone Flash Tool on your computer and then extract the file as well, using the same method for extraction as the stock firmware.
5. Open the SP Flash Tool by clicking on its application found inside the extracted folder.
5. Click on the Download tab from the SP flash tool’s interface.
6. Click on the Choose button where it gives the Scatter-loading option.
7. Browse the computer and open the extracted firmware folder for the scatter file and then upload it to this location.
8. Click on the Download button, so your device is ready to start receiving the firmware.
10. Make sure the Android device is still off and connect it to the computer with the USB cable, keeping the battery out if your device has a removable one. (Press one of the Volume buttons after making the connection, so that the computer can detect it up quickly.)
11. The firmware flashing now begins automatically. You know it’s finished when you can see a green tick from the SP Flash Tool’s interface.
That’s all you need to have installed the Micromax Q4260 official firmware.
For a more detailed guide complete with screenshots, you can check out how to flash stock firmware using the Smartphone Flash Tool.
There are some common questions people have before installing firmware files. Here are the ones we are regularly asked:
How to Unroot Micromax Q4260 When Installing New Firmware
There can often be a variety of ways to unroot a device that runs Android, and they depend on what method you used to get root access. If you installed SuperSU for root access, then you can open the app and find the option to unroot directly from SuperSU’s settings. On the other hand, if you do not have SuperSU, and you do have a Micromax smartphone or tablet, then you can always unroot by installing the stock firmware. Once you have followed the guide above, your device will automatically be unrooted. You can verify that is the case by installing one of the many applications from Google Play that checks for root access. As long as you are using a reliable app, then typically it will not lie about the root status of your mobile device.
How to Restore Stock Recovery on Micromax Q4260 When Installing New Firmware
One of the most common reasons for installing the stock firmware is to remove a custom recovery image and revert to the stock recovery. There is nothing you need to do extra to reinstall the stock recovery on your device; when you install the stock firmware, it will automatically install the stock recovery partition on the device once again.
You can download Android firmware for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.