Here’s what you need to download the official Micromax Dual 5 firmware (stock ROM) flash file onto your computer. You can then use one of the compatible flashing tools to update the firmware on your smartphone or tablet.
Smartphone repair centers were the first places to know about flashing tools, as they often used them to help fix common mobile device-related problems. Since then they have become available on the Web for anybody to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-bricked devices, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer at home. And best of all, installing the Micromax Dual 5 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or installed a custom recovery on the smartphone or tablet. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they also say that it’s always best to flash the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software.
The flashing tools, such as the YGDP tool, are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Micromax Dual 5 firmware file. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, tools that are specifically made to work for a particular manufacturer.
Download Micromax Dual 5 Firmware Flash File
File Name: Micromax_Dual_5_6.0.033.P3.170320.QK1515
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Install Micromax Dual 5 Flash File Using YGDP Tool
1. Install the Android USB driver on your computer.
Note: You can install the Micromax Dual 5 USB driver on the computer instead if the Android USB driver isn’t working during your time of visit.
2. Download the YGDP tool onto your computer and extract the file by right-clicking on it and then choosing the option for extracting it.
3. Download the Micromax Dual 5 stock firmware package onto your computer and then extract it by right-clicking on it and then choosing the option to extract it from the menu.
4. Open the YGDP folder that you extracted and click on the YGDP executable file (.exe) to open the application.
5. Choose the user type and then click on the “Login” button. (Newer versions of the tool do not require a password. Older versions of the tool must enter “369” or “9527” to log in.)
6. Click on the “Configuration” button on the top left-hand corner of the YGDP interface.
7. Click on the small folder icon and browse the computer to upload the firmware file you wish to flash.
8. Click on the “Apply” button once you’ve selected the firmware.
9. Turn off the Android device. Connect your Android smartphone or tablet to the computer with its USB cable.
10. Click on the “Start” button.
That’s all you need to have installed the Micromax Dual 5 official firmware.
For a more detailed guide complete with screenshots, you can check out the how to use the YGDP tool to flash CPB firmware article.
How to Unroot
There can often be a variety of ways to unroot a device that runs Android, and they depend on what method you used to get root access. If you installed SuperSU for root access, then you can open the app and find the option to unroot directly from SuperSU’s settings. On the other hand, if you do not have SuperSU, and you do have a Micromax smartphone or tablet, then you can always unroot by installing the stock firmware. Once you have followed the guide above, your device will automatically be unrooted. You can verify that is the case by installing one of the many applications from Google Play that checks for root access. As long as you are using a reliable app, then typically it will not lie about the root status of your mobile device.
How to Go Back to Stock Recovery
One of the most common reasons for installing the stock firmware is to remove a custom recovery image and go back to the stock recovery. There is nothing you need to do extra to make your device go back to the stock recovery; when you install the stock firmware, it will automatically install the stock recovery partition on the device once again.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your Micromax smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download Micromax Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Micromax Q437 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Micromax C1 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Micromax B5 Pro Stock ROM for Your Device