Here’s what you need to download the official Micromax A51 stock ROM (firmware) flash file onto a computer. You can then flash the firmware with the appropriate flashing tool that’s made to work with your device in mind.
Smartphone repair centers were the first places to know about flashing tools, as they often used them to help fix common mobile device-related problems. Since then they have become available on the Web for anybody to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-bricked devices, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer at home. And best of all, installing the Micromax A51 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or installed a custom recovery on the smartphone or tablet. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they also say that it’s always best to flash the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software.
The flashing tools, such as the Broadcom MultiDownloader tool, are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Micromax A51 firmware file. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, tools that are specifically made to work for a particular manufacturer.
What Is Android Firmware?
Firmware is the operating system and its applications that control how the smartphone or tablet that runs on Android operates. While you may see the words “software update available” on your device’s display, we call it firmware to highlight its close relationship with the device manufacturers hardware.
If you prefer technical jargon, firmware is the specific programming that gets written to a device’s non-volatile memory. The firmware gets added to the device during the manufacturing process and is the middle man in helping software run on the hardware. Firmware can be written as read-only memory (ROM), erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM), or flash memory.
The Android operating system is more open than much of its competitors in iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, and Tizen. You always get firmware running on your device out of the box, but if you do not like it, you can swap it over with custom firmware or other firmware versions that were made for your device. This flexibility helps with troubleshooting, or if you know you would prefer a different Android version that was made available.
Why Reinstall Stock Firmware?
Did you think you may need to restore the stock firmware on your device? Here are some of the things that you can achieve with stock firmware files:
- Upgrade or downgrade the version of Android on your device
- Fix common mobile device-related problems, such as unbearable bugs in the software
- Remove custom recovery images such as TWRP
- Unroot the Android operating system, regardless of what method/tool you may have used to get root access
- Unbrick your smartphone or tablet
- Reinstall the operating system
- Fix invalid IMEI problems
Micromax A51 Firmware Flash File Download Links
File Name: Micromax_A51_R10_0318
Firmware File: Download flash file
File Name: Micromax_A51_R10_0422
Firmware File: Download flash file
File Name: Micromax_A51_R11_0827
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Install Micromax A51 Flash File Using Broadcom MultiDownloader Tool
1. Download the Broadcom MultiDownloader Tool and drivers package and then extract it by right-clicking on it and selecting the “Extract” option from the menu.
2. After extracting the file, you’ll see the driver folder and the Broadcom MultiDownloader Tool application within the folder.
3. Open the driver’s folder and manually install them by double-clicking on the driver packages.
4. Next, go back out of the driver’s folder and this time double-click on the Broadcom MultiDownloader Tool application, so the flashing tool’s interface opens on the computer. (It’s the file that has the Broadcom MultiDownloader icon next to it.)
5. Download the Micromax A51 firmware file that you want to flash so you have it on the same computer as the flash tool.
6. From the Broadcom MultiDownloader Tool interface, click on Settings > Configuration.
7. Click on the dots next to where it says “Image path” and head to the firmware folder to upload your firmware file to this location.
8. Click on the “Apply” button from the Configuration pop-out window.
9. Turn off the Android smartphone and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable and press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
10. The Broadcom MultiDownloader Tool will now detect your Android smartphone if you’ve installed the drivers correctly.
11. Click on the “Start All” button from the Broadcom MultiDownloader Tool’s interface.
That’s all you need to have installed the Micromax A51 official firmware.
For a more detailed guide, you can check out how to use the Broadcom MultiDownloader Tool article.
There are some common questions people have before installing firmware files. Here are the ones we are regularly asked:
How to Unroot Micromax A51 When Installing New Firmware
There can often be a variety of ways to unroot a device that runs Android, and they depend on what method you used to get root access. If you installed SuperSU for root access, then you can open the app and find the option to unroot directly from SuperSU’s settings. On the other hand, if you do not have SuperSU, and you do have a Micromax smartphone or tablet, then you can always unroot by installing the stock firmware. Once you have followed the guide above, your device will automatically be unrooted. You can verify that is the case by installing one of the many applications from Google Play that checks for root access. As long as you are using a reliable app, then typically it will not lie about the root status of your mobile device.
How to Restore Stock Recovery on Micromax A51 When Installing New Firmware
One of the most common reasons for installing the stock firmware is to remove a custom recovery image and revert to the stock recovery. There is nothing you need to do extra to reinstall the stock recovery on your device; when you install the stock firmware, it will automatically install the stock recovery partition on the device once again.
You can download Android firmware for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download Micromax Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Micromax A37 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Micromax A44 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Micromax A45 Stock ROM for Your Device