Here’s what you need to download the official Karbonn A108 stock ROM (firmware) flash file onto your computer. You can then use one of the compatible flashing tools to update the firmware on your smartphone or tablet.
Flashing tools were initially developed by the companies that were associated with the device’s hardware and were mainly kept in-house, used in the back rooms of smartphone repair centers to fix common mobile device-related problems. The tools were later published on the Web for anyone to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-brick situations, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer at home instead. What’s more, installing the Karbonn A108 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or replaced the stock recovery partition with a custom one. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they strongly suggest flashing the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software instead of completely replacing it.
The flashing tools such as the Multi IEDownloader tool are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Karbonn A108 firmware file. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, apps that are designed to work for a particular manufacturer.
What Is Android Firmware?
Firmware is the operating system and its applications that control how the smartphone or tablet that runs on Android operates. While you may see the words “software update available” on your device’s display, we call it firmware to highlight its close relationship with the device manufacturers hardware.
If you prefer technical jargon, firmware is the specific programming that gets written to a device’s non-volatile memory. The firmware gets added to the device during the manufacturing process and is the middleman in helping software run on the hardware. Firmware can be written as read-only memory (ROM), erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM), or flash memory.
The Android operating system is more open than much of its competitors in iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, and Tizen. You always get firmware running on your device out of the box, but if you do not like it, you can swap it over with custom firmware or other firmware versions that were made for your device. This flexibility helps with troubleshooting, or if you know you would prefer a different Android version that was made available.
Why Reinstall Stock Firmware?
Did you think you may need to restore the stock firmware on your device? Here are some of the things that you can achieve with stock firmware files:
- Upgrade or downgrade the version of Android on your device
- Fix common mobile device-related problems, such as unbearable bugs in the software
- Remove custom recovery images such as TWRP
- Unroot the Android operating system, regardless of what method/tool you may have used to get root access
- Unbrick your smartphone or tablet
- Reinstall the operating system
- Fix invalid IMEI problems
Karbonn A108 Firmware Flash File Download Links
File Name: Karbonn_A108_V006
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Flash Karbonn A108 Stock ROM Using Multi IEdownload Tool
1. Download the RDA USB driver and install it on your computer. (You don’t need to install the RDA driver again if it’s on your computer already.)
Note: You could use the Karbonn A108 USB driver instead of the RDA driver if the RDA driver isn’t working during your time of visit.
2. Download the Multi IEdownload Tool and extract the file by right-clicking on it and then choosing to extract it from the menu.
3. Download the Karbonn A108 stock firmware onto your computer and then extract the file by right-clicking on it and choosing the option to extract it from the menu.
4. From within the extracted folder, double-click on the Multi IEdownload Tool application so it opens up on the computer, and you can see its interface.
5. Click on the “Browse” button from the top of the Multi IEdownload Tool interface and then browse the computer for the RDA bin file that you are looking to flash.
6. With the Android mobile device turned off, connect it to the computer with its USB cable.
7. Click on the “Start All” button, and the flashing of the firmware begins.
8. Firmware flashing can take up to 15 minutes. During that time you might find your device rebooting. Don’t disconnect your device until you get the pass message from the Multi IEdownload Tool’s interface.
For a more detailed guide with screenshots, you can check out how to flash RDA Bin File Using Multi IEdownload Tool.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your Karbonn smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download Karbonn Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Karbonn Titanium S35 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Karbonn Titanium MachOne Plus Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Karbonn Mach Five Stock ROM for Your Device