TaiG released the official untethred jailbreak for iOS 8.3 recently, deliberately just before the iOS 8.4 release.
While some consider it unusual timing, it seems the TaiG team did it so that the Cupertino developers couldn’t patch their exploit in time for the iOS 8.4 release which was already penciled in for today.
- Download iOS 8.4 IPSW for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch (final)
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You’ll need to have updated to the latest iOS 8.4 software release before following this guide. You cannot use this guide after iOS 9 is released alongside the iPhone 6S.
- Mac users must set up a virtual machine running Windows 10 before they can install TaiG 2.2 because it’s released for Windows only. You can do that free by following the link to the guide.
- Some say TaiG is rushed released and done purely to maximize profits. We won’t share any opinion on that, but we will say that it is known to carry a few bugs. You can learn how to fix jailbreak stuck errors here. The guide works for those getting error 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105 and more.
HOW TO JAILBREAK IOS 8.4 ON THE IPHONE, IPAD AND IPOD TOUCH WITH TAIG VERSION 2.2
- Download the new version of TaiG 2.2 from this page.
- Download iOS 8.4 IPSW and install the file manually. It’s recommended if you updated to iOS 8.4 using the over the air update notification that you flash the file manually. OTA’s have always had a history with causing issues with jailbreaks and rooting with Android. The current version of TaiG is no different.
- Disable the Find My iPhone feature from the Settings so it doesn’t interfere with proceedings. You’ll find that option from the Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
- Now disable the Passcode lock and Touch ID fingerprint sensor features so there’s no password. You’ll find those options from the Settings.
- Launch the TaiG tool on your Windows OS. Download it direct above.
- Connect your Apple device to the same computer that has TaiG and the tool will pick up your device after a few seconds.
- Make sure you keep the Cydia box checked so you install Cydia with it. You can uncheck the other box called 3K assistant.
- Click the Start button on the display.
- After a few minutes the tool will finish jailbreaking your device. It will give a successful message on the display once it’s done.