Those looking to tinker with the Samsung OS will need to first install a custom recovery.
The TWRP recovery is a popular choice as it enables a touch-based custom recovery with which you can easily flash custom ROMs, take NANDroid backups, flash more than one zip file at the same time, wiping cache fixing permissions and more.
If you want to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S4 Mini I9190, just follow the guide after the jump.
- Navigate over to the About Device menu situation in the Settings app and check that your model number watches up with the one in the title (I9190). If you have the other model number, you cannot use this guide. The files are case=specific, and it will brick your Samsung smartphone.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Realize that you are voiding the manufacturer’s warranty by following this custom recovery guide, just like you would if you intended to gain root access. Both hacks open the system internals away from how the OEM intended device use and they probably won’t fix repairs for free now.
- Hit up our USB Drivers page and download the Samsung USB Drivers.
HOW TO INSTALL THE TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 MINI I9190
1. Download the TWRP recovery file from here.
2. Download the Odin tool for Windows from here.
3. Right-click on the files and select the “Extract here” option so you can unzip the files and use them.
4. Open the Odin app and have it running on the Windows computer. We’ll use it in a minute.
5. Make sure you start the next step with the Samsung Galaxy S4 completely off.
6. Boot the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to Download Mode.
7. Now you may connect the smartphone to the Windows computer where you have Odin running.
8. Click the PDA button inside Odin and browse the desktop for the TWRP recovery file you can flash.
9. Click the Start button, and the flashing will begin. Wait until your device automatically reboots before unplugging the handset from the computer and taking over your Google account once more.