Sony Xperia M is a mid-range device which has some good hardware with not so good-looking Sony Xperia interface (seriously don’t like it). Today I will tell you a very latest Cyanogen Mod 12.1 nightly custom ROM, this ROM has some good looks and great features. This ROM has options with which you can tweak your phone’s interface and performance. Let’s get to work and install this custom ROM on your phone.
For this process, you need a windows based PC, a USB cable and your hone rooted and a custom recovery installed (TWRP recommended). Make sure that your phone has enough battery to make it through the installation process without getting off or it may brick down your phone.
Backup all of your important data stored on your phone’s internal memory to your PC. Backup all of your important media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive. Sync your contacts to your Google account which will make it safe from any damage during this installation process.
- This installation process is only for Sony Xperia M, do not try to install this ROM on other Android devices. Doing so may brick down your phone.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% of battery before installing ROM on your phone.
Steps to install CM 12.1 Nightly on Sony Xperia M:
- First download the two files listed below, the ROM zip file and the Google apps package save it on the desktop.
- Download links: CM 12.1 nightly ROM – Google Gapps page. (Download the right Google Apps zip package for your phone).
- Connect your phone to your PC and transfer these two files to your phone’s SD card.
- Now turn your phone off and boot it to recovery mode, do that by
- Now in recovery mode first tap on “Backup” and confirm the step to back up your previously installed ROM. This step is important so if anything wrong happens during installation, then you can revert your phone back to the previous ROM.
- Now come back to the main menu and tap on “wipe” and confirm to clear the data and cache.
- After that finally tap on “install” then choose the ROM zip file from your phone’s SD card and confirm the step to install this ROM on your phone.
- Repeat the above step with Google Apps zip package and install it over the installed ROM (do not wipe anything this time just install).
- Now restart your phone to newly installed OS by taping on “Reboot” then “system”.
Your Sony Xperia M phone has the new and the latest CM 12.1 nightly build. All the query about the ROM and installation guide should be posted in the comment section below.