This page contains the download link for the official Infocus M210 stock ROM (firmware) flash file that you can download onto a computer and then flash it with an appropriate flashing tool.
The Android operating system has many versions. The first version, called Android 1.0 back in 2008, has now been succeeded by one major release every year and now we’re up to Android 9.0. The iPhone also gets one major release of iOS software per year, but that’s about where the similarities end. Unlike the iPhone, just because you have a new device that runs Android doesn’t mean you will necessarily be running the latest version of Android. This is due to a number of reasons: the different hardware packed inside high-end, mid-range and low-end smartphones, these companies purposefully wanting to make the more expensive devices a more attractive option to the buyer, and so forth.
Each major release of Android will come with different features, and the overall design can change substantially, too. Many of those features might seem attractive options to you, but if your carrier or manufacturer hasn’t rolled out that version of Android for your Infocus M210 device then there’s nothing you can unless you look into the custom software alternatives. Many developers create custom software that allows users of a particular device to update to a version of Android that wouldn’t be possible from official updates. These are known as custom ROMs. But if you didn’t want to delve into the world of custom software, there are differences between locked devices and unlocked ones too.
If your Infocus M210 device is carrier locked, then you’ll only be able to install updates from the carrier, and that same carrier will also direct the updates you receive. On the other hand, if you have an unlocked device, then the updates are being distributed by the manufacturer instead, so the updates will be different and arrive at different times. Whats more, unlocked devices also have the added flexibility of being able to install firmware made for other carrier networks, as long as it is still the same device. There are some exceptions: for example, ZTE has some model numbers that are available for different parts of the world and because they come with different hardware, flashing the file for the wrong region can create problems. If the hardware is the same, then it’s generally not an issue. If you’re in doubt, you can always contact the manufacturer or get in touch with a support forum.
Download Infocus M210 Stock Firmware
File Name: Infocus_M210_H1M-011G-0-06TW-A02
Firmware File: Download
File Name: Infocus_M210_H1M-011G-0-15TW-A02
Firmware File: Download
How to Flash Stock ROM Using Smartphone Flash Tool
1. Make sure you have the Android CDC driver installed on the computer that you plan on using the flashing tool on, so your device and the flashing tool can connect. (If you have already installed the Android driver on the computer, then you can skip to the next step; there’s no need to install it twice unless it has been deleted from the computer.)
2. Turn off the Android-based smartphone by holding in the Power button until it powers down, or by switching it off from the Power menu.
3. Download the stock ROM (firmware flash file) from the link above so the file ends up on your computer.
4. Open the stock ROM file location (usually the Downloads folder) and then extract it (right-click and choose “Extract” from the menu).
5. Now download and extract the Smartphone Flash Tool much the same way as you did with the Stock ROM file. (You can use the desktop as the save location to make things easier if you wish.)
6. Once the SP Flash Tool folder is extracted, double-click to open it and then double-click on the SP Flash Tool application.
7. The flashing tool interface will now open on the computer. From the SP Flash Tool interface, select the “Download” tab.
8. Next, click on the “Scatter-loading file” button.
9. Now browse through the hard drive to the location where you extracted the stock ROM and select the “scatter file” to upload to the flashing tool.
10. Lastly, click on the “Download” button for the flashing to begin.
You can also view our more detailed guide on how to flash a stock ROM with the SP Flash Tool that comes with screenshots if you prefer.
Alternate Installation Method
You may need to copy the update zip file over to the internal storage SD card on your Infocus M210 device and then flash the firmware from within recovery mode.
[*] Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
[*] Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.