Here’s what you need to download the official iBall Slide 3G Q81 stock ROM (firmware) flash file onto your computer. You can then use one of the compatible flashing tools to update the firmware on your smartphone or tablet.
Flashing tools were initially developed by the companies that were associated with the device’s hardware and were mainly kept in-house, used in the back rooms of smartphone repair centers to fix common mobile device-related problems. The tools were later published on the Web for anyone to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-brick situations, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer at home instead. What’s more, installing the iBall Slide 3G Q81 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or replaced the stock recovery partition with a custom one. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they strongly suggest flashing the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software instead of completely replacing it.
The flashing tools such as the smartphone flash tool are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and will not take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the iBall Slide 3G Q81 firmware file. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, apps that are designed to work for a particular manufacturer.
Download iBall Slide 3G Q81 Firmware Flash File
File Name: IBall_Slide_3G_Q81_WVGA_1_8_Intel_Sofia_MP_V1.9_20151016
Android Version: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
Firmware File: Download flash file
Updated Flashing Instructions: You can use the Intel Phone Flash Tool to install this updated version of the iBall Slide 3G Q81 flash file.
How to Install iBall Slide 3G Q81 Flash File Using Smartphone Flash Tool
1. Download and install the Android USB driver on the computer.
Note: You could also install the iBall Slide 3G Q81 USB driver instead of the Android USB driver if you wanted or if the Android driver wasn’t working.
2. Download the iBall Slide 3G Q81 stock firmware package on your computer and then extract it by right-clicking on the file and selecting the extract option from the menu.
3. Download the smartphone flash tool on your computer and then extract the file as well, using the same method for extraction as the stock firmware.
4. Open the SP flash tool by clicking on its application found inside the extracted folder.
5. Click on the Download tab from the SP flash tool’s interface.
6. Click on the Choose button where it gives the Scatter-loading option.
7. Browse the computer and open the extracted firmware folder for the scatter file and then upload it to this location.
8. Click on the Download button, so your device is ready to start receiving the firmware.
9. Turn off the Android device and then connect it to the computer with its USB cable. (Press one of the Volume buttons after making the connection, so that the computer can detect it up quickly.)
10. The firmware flashing now begins automatically. You know it’s finished when you can see a green tick from the SP flash tool’s interface.
That’s all you need to have installed the iBall Slide 3G Q81 official firmware.
For a more detailed guide complete with screenshots, you can check out how to flash stock firmware using the smartphone flash tool.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your iBall smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.