You can use this page to download the official stock ROM (firmware) flash file for the Huawei U8300 mobile device.
There are a number of reasons for people wanting to install the stock firmware manually, using the suitable flashing tool that works for your manufacturer. If you experience bugs in the software currently on your Huawei U8300 device and don’t want to keep waiting for the official over the air update to eventually arrive—if one is due to come at all—then you can flash the stock firmware instead. And if there were no more OTA’s coming for your Huawei U8300 device, then you would have no choice but to flash manually and reflash the same firmware or downgrade by flashing an older software update that was released for your device. There’s no way of you installing older software automatically with over the air updates.
You might also be interested in customizing your device, either by getting root access and then installing root applications or by installing a custom recovery image, both of which could be a viable pathway to installing custom ROMs. People install custom software and go back to using the stock ROM all the time; there is nothing wrong with doing that generally speaking. But making changes to the system partition—either with root access, installing specific root applications such as Titanium Backup and then removing the system applications, so forth—can result in experiencing unexpected behavior when flashing the stock ROM again. It’s for this reason that root method and custom recovery image developers do not support official updates. Instead, they recommend you install custom software if you have made system partition changes to avoid the chance of unexpected behavior. You can use a search engine like Google to find out more about what makes changes to the system partition.
There are also ways you can customize your Huawei U8300 devices without making system partition changes at all. As mentioned, just installing a custom recovery and custom ROM in itself does not make any changes to the system partition. With that being said though, custom recovery developers, like the guys from Team Win, also warn that going back to the stock recovery (something that happens when flashing the stock ROM if you were to have a custom one currently installed) can also result in unexpected behavior. This is due to the stock recovery potentially changes without the custom recovery developers being aware of those changes.
Download Huawei U8300 Stock ROM (Firmware)
File Name: Huawei_U8300_V100R001C151B287_India_05010PEY
Firmware File: Download flash file
Flashing Instructions: You can flash the updated version of the Huawei U8300 stock ROM by using the Huawei flashing tool.
How to Flash Stock ROM Using Smartphone Flash Tool
1. Make sure you have the Android CDC driver installed on the computer that you plan on using the flashing tool on, so your device and the flashing tool can connect. (If you have already installed the Android driver on the computer, then you can skip to the next step; there’s no need to install it twice unless it has been deleted from the computer.)
2. Turn off the Android-based smartphone by holding in the Power button until it powers down, or by switching it off from the Power menu.
3. Download the stock ROM (firmware flash file) from the link above so the file ends up on your computer.
4. Open the stock ROM file location (usually the Downloads folder) and then extract it (right-click and choose “Extract” from the menu).
5. Now download and extract the Smartphone Flash Tool much the same way as you did with the Stock ROM file. (You can use the desktop as the save location to make things easier if you wish.)
6. Once the SP Flash Tool folder is extracted, double-click to open it and then double-click on the SP Flash Tool application.
7. The flashing tool interface will now open on the computer. From the SP Flash Tool interface, select the “Download” tab.
8. Next, click on the “Scatter-loading file” button.
9. Now browse through the hard drive to the location where you extracted the stock ROM and select the “scatter file” to upload to the flashing tool.
10. Lastly, click on the “Download” button for the flashing to begin.
You can also view our more detailed guide on how to flash a stock ROM with the SP Flash Tool that comes with screenshots if you prefer.
[*] Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
[*] Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You might also be interested in:
- Download official Huawei U8100 Stock ROM (Firmware) Flash File
- Download official Huawei U1290 Stock ROM (Firmware) Flash File