Rooting an Android device isn’t for everyone out there. While some users prefer to keep their devices rooted as long as they own them, others just bring their device back to the stock once they’re done playing around with the root-requiring apps.
If you fall in the latter category, here’s how you can go about unrooting your Xiaomi Mi Pad:
Files You Need
1. This will flash stock ROM on your device.
2. Download the Stock ROM for your Xiaomi Mi Pad to your computer. It is what you will install on your device.
3. Please backup any files you’ve stored on your device as the following tutorial may erase them from your device.
Unrooting the Xiaomi Mi Pad
1. Make sure you haven’t extracted the Stock ROM archive. It should be in .zip format.
2. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Copy Stock ROM from your computer over to the downloaded_rom folder on the internal storage of your device.
4. When the ROM is copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
5. Launch Updater app from the app drawer on your device.
6. Press the Menu button and select Choose update package.
7. Choose the Stock ROM archive that you transferred earlier to be installed on your device.
8. Wait for it to install the selected ROM on your device.
9. When the ROM is installed, reboot your device.
10. You’re done.
Your Xiaomi Mi Pad is now unrooted and is back to the official stock firmware. Enjoy the pure version of Android on your device!