The Samsung SM-G9098 is the first clam-shell Android based phone and it looks so weird that you can operate an Android device with navigation keys. Well that’s another story, but now what I’m going to tell you is a very easy way to root your G9098 phone. Kingroot is a one-click root app which can root your phone with just a tap of your finger.
Rooting is amazing if you love tweaking the Android operating system and away from those pesky factory restrictions. Whether you love flashing custom ROMs, improving the performance, removing the bloatware, overclocking the CPU, increasing the internal memory or using the fantastic root-requiring applications, it’s all there for you. Some people prefer installing the Xposed framework too.
But something I want to tell you before you root your phone is that your phone will lose its warranty after rooting so better do this at your own risk. Some times after rooting phone OTA updates will not be available for your phone in any way.
Back up your important data before rooting your phone. Back up your media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive. By syncing your contacts to your Google account will make them safe from any damage during this rooting process, you can also export all your contacts to your SD card and import them back after this process.
This rooting process is only for Samsung SM-G9098 only, do not root any other device using this process as it may brick down your device.
Steps to root Samsung SM-G9098 using Kingroot:
- Download the Kingroot APK from here and put it anywhere on your PC where you can find it later.
- Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable as mass storage device and move the downloaded Kingroot APK file to your phone’s SD card.
- After that disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Install the Kingroot APK to your phone, you can use this guide about installing APK’s to Android devices.
- After installing Kingroot to your phone go to all apps and look out for Kingroot app there and launch it.
- After launching you will see a big blue “Start Root” button at the bottom of the screen, hit that button.
- Wait for some time and you will see a green tick mark icon in the center of the screen.
- After that, immediately exit the King Root app and reboot your phone to take effect.
Your phone has been rooted successfully and you will see a King User app in app drawer. You can also check the root access by installing any root checker app on your phone. Now you can customize your phone and tweak the performance your way.