Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos is the first Android phone to introduce multi-window feature in smart phones, Samsung still releasing its versions with more features and improved hardware. Galaxy Grand Prime Duos has a HD screen and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat version and soon there will be update to Android 5.0 Lollipop version. Today I’ll tell you to root Galaxy Grand Prime Duos using Odin software. After rooting your phone you can boost its performance, customize at its best and install custom ROMs. So stay tuned and follow the instructions carefully.
Rooting or installing custom ROM on your phone is not recommended by Samsung or Google because this process is illegal as well as risky as one wrong step can cost you losing your phone. Rooting your phone also voids your phones warranty so next time when you want any technical assistance for your phone, you will be charged for that.
Odin software is provided by Samsung to flash stock and official firmware on Samsung smart phones only. You can also flash any specific file to your Samsung smartphones using this Odin software and that’s what we are going to do in this guide.
Ever felt the pain of losing your important data? Then better backup your important data this time so you don’t have to feel that pain again. Backup all of your important data on your PC or any other external drive. You can also sync your contacts to your Google account. Backup all of your media files like photos and videos to your PC. Also enable USB debugging on your phone by going to settings > Developer options > enable USB debugging mode. Make sure your phone should have at least 50% battery left.
Use the guide on the Duos version of the phone only. Using it on another Grand prime variant can brick the device.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos Using Odin
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your PC. This will install USB drivers for your phone automatically on your PC.
- Download Odin from here and extract it anywhere on your PC.
- Download the root package from here and extract it on your PC.
- Reboot your phone to download mode by powering it off then power it back on by pressing power key, volume down key and home key together. When you see a warning screen just press volume up key once.
- Launch Odin from the Odin zip package and connect your phone to PC.
- Now click on PDA then select the CF Auto Root file from the extracted folder and on Start, this will flash this file to your phone.
- After that reboot your phone normally.
Now you have your phone rooted, and you can customize your phone your way. Also you can post any of your questions in the comment section below.