Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Korean version can now be rooted using Odin software. This root process using Odin is very easy and not at all risky, you just have to click some buttons and your phone will be rooted in no time. Odin software is provided by Samsung to service Samsung smart phones, this software is basically used to flash official and stock firmware to Samsung smart phones. Today we are going to use this software to flash root file on your phone. So stay tuned and read all parts of this article to root your phone successfully.
First of all let me tell you that rooting your phone is not recommended by Samsung or Google because rooting your phone may destroy your phone if not done properly. There are many reasons for bricked device so better read the article to escape these type of situations. Also rooting your phone will void the warranty so you will be charged next time.
Details of Note
- Backup all of your important data stored in phone, sync your contacts to your Google account so your can’t lose them. Backup all media files to your PC or any other external drive.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to settings > Developer Options > enable USB debugging, If Developer Options not there then unlock them by going to settings > About phone > tap on Build number 7 times.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% battery as your phone will restart several times in this process.
- Follow this guide on the SM-G710K variant only. Check that model number on yours from the Grand 2 About Device menu.
Steps to Samsung Root Galaxy Grand 2 Korean Version Using Odin
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your PC, this will automatically install USB drivers for your phone on your PC.
- Download Odin software from here and extract it anywhere on your PC, launch it using an executable file inside the package.
- Download the Root package and extract it anywhere on your PC, this is the root file which we are going to flash on your phone using Odin software.
- Now reboot your phone to download mode, turn your phone off completely and turn it back on by pressing and holding power key, volume down key and home key together and when you see a warning screen just press volume up key once.
- Now Launch Odin software on PC as i told you before in step 2 and connect your phone to PC.
- Check for message “Added!” in Odin’s message box.
- Now click on PDA and select the CF Auto Root file from the root package folder and then click on Start.
After a while your phone will be flashed with the CF auto Root file and you phone has root access. If the process is failing then you can ask your queries by posting them in them comment section below. Also like and share this article with your friends.