Rooting an Android device is now a necessary thing to do before any customizing or tweaking to your Android device. Today I will tell you an easy and fast way with which you can root your Oppo Find 7a in minutes. In this process you just have to flash SuperSU zip file to your smartphone using the stock recovery. But before doing this you just have to read all of this article for do’s and don’ts of this rooting process.
There’s no doubt that rooting will give your phone a great power but in this case power comes with some drawbacks. One is that rooting is an unofficial process and risky which will brick your device if not done properly. Another big drawback is that after rooting your phone’s warranty will be gone and you can’t claim it and will get charged for any assistance for your.
Details of Note
- Make a backup of all your important data stored on your phone because this process is risky and may wipe your entire data so it is good to be in a safe side and make backup. Also sync all of your important contacts to your Google account, doing so will keep all of your contacts safe. Also make a backup of all of your media files stored on your phone like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive.
- All you need a Windows-based PC with an internet connection and antivirus disabled so it won’t interfere between the process. A USB cable (better if its original) and your phone with USB debugging enabled. You can enable USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > tap on build number 7 times, now come back to Settings > Developer Options > check USB debugging check box. And before rooting to or phone plug it to wall charger and wait till it gets 50% charged.
Steps to root Oppo Find 7a
- First you need to download root package from here to the desktop of the computer.
- Transfer the file on the desktop to your phone using the USB cable.
- Android SDK must be installed on your Windows computer. See: how to install Android SDK and ADB on Windows
– now for this process your PC should have ADB drivers installed on the computer.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Open the Fastboot folder and right-click while holding the Shift key down and select the “open command window here” option.
- On command window type this command “adb reboot recovery”.
- Your phone will turn off automatically and get booted to the stock recovery mode.
- In recovery select “Install zip from SD card” followed by “Choose zip from SD card”
- Now select the root package download and transferred to your phone in step 1.
- This will flash the root package to your phone. After the flashing’s done come back to the main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- Now your phone will be rebooted to the rooted OS (normally). You can check root access to your phone by installing any root checker app.
Now that you are all done with rooting, you will want to install custom recovery on Oppo Find 7a to start flashing custom ROMs. From inside recovery you can also take your first NANDroid backup which makes storing your data much easier.