Oppo Find 7 is close to a high-end device with more of a mid-range price. It comes with a 5.5 inche quad HD display, 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 13 MP camera and 3000 mAh battery. Today I will tell you a fast and easy way to root your phone. Using this process you just have to click some keys on your PC’s keyboard. So stay tuned and follow the guide carefully to root your phone successfully.
Rooting is not recommended by Oppo or Google because rooting is a very risky process and may brick down your device if not done properly. Sometimes it can hard brick your device which can’t be fixed manually. Rooting also voids your phone’s warranty because it is an unofficial process and then you are charged for any assistance you need for your phone in future.
Details of Note
- Making a backup is a very important step or precaution and should be taken when applying any unofficial operation to your device such as rooting since it is risky and may wipe your data in this process. Backup all of your media files to your Windows PC or any other external drive which will keep it safe from any loss or damage. Sync all of your contacts to your Google account or export them to your SD card and restore them back when you need them.
- You need a Windows-based PC with internet connection and all security-based software disabled before rooting your phone. Also have the USB cable it comes with out of the box and your smartphone with the USB debugging option enabled. You can do that by going to Settings > About Device > tap on Build number 7 times. Now come back to Settings > Developer Options > check USB debugging box. Also make sure that your phone should have at least 70% battery left on it.
Steps to Root Oppo Find 7
- First you need to download USB drivers for your device from here and install it on your PC.
- The package downloaded above also has the recovery installer for Oppo 7 on that.
- Download and transfer this root package to your phone.
- Now reboot your phone to fastboot mode, shut down your device, press and hold volume up key and press power key then.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- On the PC, launch the recovery installer for Oppo 7 and select option 8 in that.
- Your phone will get rebooted to TWRP recovery. From here, install the Chainfire root package file download above.
After the flashing completes, reboot your phone to the “OS mode” and check for root access by using any root checker app, or try our favorite from here. Also don’t forget to like and share this with your friends.
Now that you’re done, you might want to install a custom recovery image on the Oppo Find 7.