Sony Xperia devices are very easy to root as you can root them by just an application. You have to install that app on your phone and BOOM! Your phone has been rooted. However, if you don’t know much about the root process and root access then let me make it clear for you. Phone rooting is a process in which we make system file available for some apps which needs them to do their job. After root access you will be able to run all those apps which you can’t run on your phone now. These apps can customize or tweaks our phone performance in many ways. So be cautious and follow this guide carefully and don’t get our phone messed up.
The King root app supposedly can gain root access and open up just about every Android smartphone out there from all different OEM companies. We are still trying to find out the boundaries ourselves. The boundaries are not outside of the Sony Xperia Z, however, because we know this definitely works. It’s called the King root tool because it is the king of all roots.
With Android 5.0 Lollipop bringing added security, many people feared root access would only get harder. We know that over at the Cupertino company with Apple fan boys, they are not expecting to jailbreak iOS 9 at all. They are struggling to break the security for the final stages of iOS 8 still. Thanks to rooting tools such as King Root here, the Android platform is still going strong.
While the default apps available from Google Play give mind-boggling things to do with your Android phones such as Email clients, convert voice to text, there’s way more extra apps you can install after gaining root access. Furthermore, you skip choose to skip much of the custom ROMs and install Xposed framework instead. It was originally in the Xposed Alpha stages, but is now a full release with Xposed modules.
For this Kingroot One-Click rooting process, you need some tools:
- A Windows-based PC, you can also use other PC.
- A USB cable make sure it is not damaged.
- Your phone with 70% battery and USB debugging enabled on it.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to settings > About phone > tap on the build number seven times, go back again to settings > developer options > check the USB debugging check box, this will enable USB debugging on your phone.
Backup all of your important data on your phone to any safe place so it will stay safe from any damage during this root process. Also backup all of your important media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive so it will stay safe there.
- Make sure that your phone should have at least 50% battery left on it before rooting process.
- This rooting process is only for Sony Xperia Z, do not try to root any other device using this guide.
Steps to root Sony Xperia Z using King Root app
- You need to download the Kingroot app from here and save it anywhere on your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable as mass storage so you can get access to the phone storage on your PC.
- Now move the download King Root APK file to your phone and unplug your phone from PC.
- After that install that app on your phone, if you don’t know how to do that go here.
- Now go to all apps and look out for installed King Root app, open it.
- When launched it will tell you that root access is unavailable on your phone with your phone’s model number.
- After that tap on the blue Start Root button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Wait till your phone gets rooted, when rooted you will see a confirmation screen.
- After you see a “Root Successfully” message just exit the King Root app and reboot your phone to take effect.
Your Sony Xperia Z has been successfully rooted and after reboot check for the SuperSU app in the all apps section or you can install any root checker app from here to verify root access on your phone.