Are you wanting to root Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 in Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean? If so, I have the guide below for you to do that with a one-click rooting tool from Chainfire called the CF-Auto-Root. We prefer using it over most methods because of it’s ease of use and it delivers an experience that’s still close to stock Android only with the internals unlocked so you can flash custom ROMs.
- You must have the GT-I9192 variant of the S4 Mini and not a different version.
- You must navigate over to the Settings > About Device and confirm your device is running the Android 4.2.2 software update version.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB drivers from this page.
- You’ll need a Windows PC to use this guide.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode by going to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging box so it’s not empty.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 MINI GT-I9192 IN ANDROID 4.2.2 JELLY BEAN
- Download the rooting file you need from here.
- Download the version of Odin you need from here.
- Download both the above packages to the desktop of your Windows computer and extract them so you can use the executable files inside.
- Run the Odin app and leave it open.
- Completely power down the S4 mini by holding the Power button for 15 seconds.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini back up in Download Mode.
- Wait until you get some writing with a yellow warnings triangle on the display and press Volume Up.
- Connect the S4 Mini to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button in Odin and upload the CF-Auto-Root file from the desktop you extracted (unzipped) earlier.
- Click the start button and wait until the phone reboots.
Now you are free to unplug it from the PC and regain control of your smartphone Google account. You might want to check that it worked by installing the root checker app.