The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo is getting older now but that hasn’t stopped Sammy from keeping the KitKat updates coming. Even though it’s not quite as nice as a Lollipop update, the XXUCNK2 firmware build of Android 4.4.2 KitKat should provide some decent bug relief for consumers if nothing else by the way of features.
- You should only follow the steps if you have the ‘Neo’ variant of the Sammy Note 3 with the model number N750. Check that by pointing the device to Settings . About Device and taking a look.
- You want to head to the same About Device menu as above and check the firmware build number currently stands as XXUCNK2 Android 4.4.2. It won’t say KitKat.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones on your Windows PC from here. remember to restart the computer after you’ve finished installing the Sammy drivers so they are actually working.
- Point to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging box so it’s no longer empty. that’s important to connect to the computer.
- You are voiding any warranty you might have left by following this guide.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 NEO N750 RUNNING ANDROID 4.4.2 KITKAT XXUCNK2
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package you want from here.
- Download the Odin file from here.
- use the desktop for both file locations on the PC.
- You must extract both files by unzipping them before you can use the executable files inside.
- Double click on the executable Odin file and run the app on the computer so it’s ready.
- Turn off the Note 3 Neo and boot it up in Download Mode.
– hold down the Power with Volume Down and Home buttons to enter that.
- Connect it to the computer after in Download Mode with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and upload the rooting file that’s inside the other extracted file on the desktop (tar.md5 extension).