Windows phone is no ordinary OS, this OS is secure as hell. Microsoft said that it will make its next operating system that is windows 10 open source which mean you can side load apps to your windows phone. Although Microsoft started this side load thing with the new windows 10 OS. But what about the paid apps? Can you side load them too? And the answer is yes, some websites started to crack paid apps after downloading them from the windows phone store and install them using PC. Today I will tell you how to do this with your phone. There are two methods to do this the one I like and use with my device is the second one.
There is something you should know about this before going any further. First you have to “developer unlocked” your device only with the method I’m gonna tell you, if you unlock your phone with another method then you will be responsible for your phone’s warranty. After unlocking your phone you will only be able to side load only two apps at a time, to install the third app you have to uninstall one of the previous two apps. Read how to install paid apps on Windows Phone 8.1 or above on a Windows PC after the drop.
What you need?
A PC with windows phone with windows phone development kit installed and connected to some good internet connection. You also need a USB cable and your phone.
Steps to developer unlock your Microsoft Lumia 535
First you need to unlock your phone to do that, launch “Windows phone developer registration” on your PC and connect your phone to your PC. When it detects your phone you will see “Register” button just got enabled, press it. After pressing that button you will be asked for your Microsoft account, give it what it wants and after some time your phone will get a developer unlocked, you will see a confirmation message for that.
Steps to side load apps using apps deployment
- Launch “Windows Phone app deployment” on your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Select the app (xap file) you want to Install on your phone.
- Now finally click on “deploy” button.
- Wait for a few minutes and your app will get installed to your phone leaving a message ” successfully deployed”.
- Now disconnect your phone from PC and search for that app in app apps.
Steps to side load apps using WPPT
- First download WPPT from here and extract it on your desktop.
- Now launch WPPT from the extracted folder.
- Connect your phone to your PC and make sure it is pin unlocked and awake (on start screen).
- Click on the ”connect” button on WPPT.
- Now browse the xap file you want to install to your device and click on install.
- WPPT will seem unresponsive during the installation so have patience and let it do it’s job, the bigger the xap file the more time it will take.
Caution: Do not try to install xap file, which is downloaded from the windows phone store, WPPT only supports cracked xap files or it will throw to an error message.
Now enjoy installing cracked and paid apps on your windows phone using your PC. Check out how to increase apps installation limit from 2 apps to 10 apps.