The Sammy S6 Edge is a new smartphone set to come out next month and replace last years Note Edge with one extra edge down the side of the display.
If you have already opened up the system internals with root access and would like to install a custom recovery so you can start flashing custom ROMs, you can do that by following the guide below.
- You must only flash the files below for the SM-N915S variant of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Each model number has a unique file.
- It works for any operating system/software version. Currently, it is at Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- You must have root access before flashing the custom recovery image.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You can only use the Odin app from a Windows PC. It doesn’t work with Mac.
- You must check you have the latest Samsung USB drivers from our page here. Scroll down until you find the Samsung brand.
- You must enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options. Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Rooting, flashing a custom ROM or custom recovery does void the warranty. Moreover, if you gained root access using the CF-Auto-root package, you did trip Knox.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE
1. Download the CWM 6 recovery file here.
2. Download Odin 3.09 here.
3. Extract both files to the desktop.
4. Run the Odin program and leave it open.
5. Boot the S6 Edge in Download Mode.
6. Press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys to boot in Download Mode. You might need to release and press the Power button again at the warning or Android logo screen.
7. Connect the S6 Edge to the computer via the USB cable.
8. Click the AP button and upload the ClockworkMod Recovery 6 file.
9. Do not touch the default settings in Odin.
10. Click the start button for the flashing to start.
The Edge will reboot when the job is done, and the Odin application is finished with your phone. Now regain control of your device again and unplug from the computer.