LG is making improvements in the smartphone going with its G series smartphones. G series smartphones are premium smartphones with high specs, and the latest release is LG G3, which is also a bonus device great specs and real form factor. As you know, LG started a new tradition of physical keys to the back panel of the smartphone right below the camera module. This smartphone have a leather back finish which makes this device looks premium. As for specs, this device features a 5.5 inch IPS LCD touch screen with a high pixel density and HD resolution. At the camera front, this phone gives you stunning pictures with 13 MP shooter at the back and 2.1 MP at the front; both cameras can shoot HD videos at 30 frames per second. This phone have a 2.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor with three gigs of RAM.
This trick today will tell you about installing the very latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow using AOSP 6.0 custom ROM. You will get stock Android 6.0 interface and features. In this process, you will lose all your data stored on your phone so read points to remember for all the consequences before installing this custom ROM on your phone.
Points To Remember:
- Your phone should be rooted, and a custom recovery should be installed before.
- You need a PC with internet connection and a USB cable for this process.
- Rooting or installing custom ROM on your phone may void your device’s warranty so install the ROM at your risk.
- This custom ROM files and process is only for LG G3. Do not try to install it on any other device.
Steps to install AOSP 6.0 custom ROM on LG G3:
- Download AOSP 6.0 custom ROM zip file from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC and transfer the custom ROM zip file to your phone.
- Unplug your device from PC and reboot it to recovery mode.
- In recovery mode tap on the wipe and confirm to wipe the system memory.
- After that tap on install, select the AOSP zip file and confirm to install that ROM on your phone.
- Now come back to the main menu and tap on Reboot followed by the system to reset your phone to OS mode.
- Now you can quickly track the setup screen and fill your details to personalize your phone again. For all queries should be in the comment section below.
In conclusion, that is how to update the LG G3 smartphone with an unofficial build of Android 6.0 Marshmallow software updates by flashing the AOSP custom ROM instead. A custom Rom replaces the stock Rom and will void the G3 warranty because the official Android developers do not make it. Nonetheless, a custom ROM is a very popular way to update a device the official updates stop. Moreover, anyone wanting an immaculate version of Android without any much installed from the manufacturer or phone carrier networks will love running the AOSP ROM as it is much closer to the real stock Android than the alleged stock Android that comes on your device when you open it out of the box, or after you install any of the official Android software updates by accepting the over the air notifications.