Does your phone always lag or work slower than your desired speed? These are symptoms of excessive app installing and low internal storage. That problem has one solution: a “Hard Reset”. Hard resetting your phone is a thing you can do also when you bought any second-hand phone to clear all the previous data, accounts and settings and then you can use it as a new device. Hard resetting can also reset the pin code lock or pattern lock if you forget yours so you can reset it back to gain access to your phone again. Today I will tell you some possible methods to hard reset your HTC One M9.
You can hard reset your HTC smartphone of your choice when are in a need for it. It does no damage on your phone in any way. However, there are some precautions you have to take before hard resetting your phone.
- Backup all of your data to your PC or any other safe place.
- Sync all of your contacts to your Google account so you can have them back after it.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Settings > Developer Options > check USB debugging check box.
- Make sure that your phone should have at least 70% battery left on it.
Steps to Hard reset HTC One M9
From phone settings itself:
- Unlock your phone and open all the apps.
- Alternatively, you can skip opening the app draw and navigate to Menu > Settings > Backup and reset.
- From backup and reset, select the “Reset phone” option.
- Now select the “erase SD card” (if you want to, not compulsory).
- Tap on “OK” or accept any pop-up.
- Now wait till your phone gets rebooted and hard reset process will be done.
From the recovery mode:
The Recovery Mode is often used for a hard reset when your phone is locked by pattern or pin and you forgot it then you have to boot your phone to recovery mode. Once there, you have to hard reset your phone. To do that you have to know how to reboot your phone to recovery mode.
- First you have to reboot your phone to fastboot mode.
- Shut down your device completely. Now press the Volume Down key and while pressing it press the Power key once and keep holding that Volume Down key.
- When you are in Fastboot mode you can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power key to select the recovery mode.
- When in the recovery, select the “wipe data/factory reset” and confirm.
- Now also select the “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Now you can reboot your phone by selecting the “reboot system now”.