Tinkering with a mobile operating system should always be done without any stress. One way you can lower your stress levels when using the Motorola Moto X Play is by knowing that you always have a way out by taking the hard reset option. By taking a hard reset, you are restoring the factory settings and the way the device was when you first bought it and opened it out of the box.
Hard Resetting The Motorola Moto X Play
Using the hardware keys:
- Shut down the Moto X Play by long-pressing the Power button until you know the smartphone is completely off.
- Tap over the menu, followed by the Settings.
- Select ‘Backup and Reset’.
- Select the ‘Factory Data Reset’, followed by ‘Reset Device’.
- Select the ‘Erase Everything’ option.
- Agree to the terms on the page and read over what you are accepting. The page will let you know that you are about to wipe everything on the device and what that means.
- Now just tap your finger over the ‘OK’ button and wait for your Motorola Moto X Play to be hard reset.
Using recovery mode:
- Your Moto X Play comes with a recovery mode. The stock recovery mode is there for you to recover the device. That means if your display or operating system (software) is unresponsive, you can enter the recovery mode and perform a hard reset from there. That’s handy if you cannot get your device to work for the first way.
- Enter recovery mode on the device.
- Select the ‘wipe data factory reset’ option.
- Your device will now hard reset. It says factory reset because a factory reset is another term for hard reset. They both do the same thing, however, so you don’t need to do anything else.