Do you need to satisfy your urge to flash a custom ROM and deck our your Note Edge with different themes and ideas to make it look unique and different from your friends? Well, that’s a terrific idea, but first, you must install a custom recovery image before you can do that.
The two recovery systems you want to look at for that include ClockworkMod and TWRP recovery. We have the guide below for installing the latest ClockworkMod 6 recovery image on your Note Edge.
- Check you have the N9150 version of the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and not one of the other model numbers. You could brick the phone if you flash the wrong file for a different model number.
- You must already have root access before coming here.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Install the official Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from our page. You want to reboot the computer after installing the drivers to get those working.
- Point the phone to Settings > Developer Options and check the USB Debugging box so that’s not empty.
HOW TO FLASH THE CLOCKWORKMOD 6 RECOVERY ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE EDGE
1. Download the CWM file from here.
2. Download the Odin tool you need here.
3. Extract the files to the Windows PC desktop so they are unzipped and ready to use.
4. Double click the Odin app and get it running on the computer.
5. Completely power down the Note Edge.
6. Reboot the Edge in Download Mode by holding the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time. (You want to release when the screen changes and press the power button again if you see the Android logo.)
7. Connect the Edge to the computer via USB cable.
8. Click the AP button and upload the CWM 6 file.
9. Click the start button.
10. Now just sit back and wait until Odin is done with your device. You know it’s ready when your phone reboots.