The LG G3 is the current flagship under the LG name. If you want to do some tweaking of your Android device you must do that from a custom recovery first. There are two main version that are the most popular option in the world. They include ClockworkMod (CWM) and Team Win’s TWRP recovery.
There are a few different ways people can access the recovery modes depending on what you prefer. If you don’t know already, there are two different recovery modes a user can enter. If you are using a stock phone without any modifications done, you are wanting to enter the stock recovery, if you are planning to add root access and install a custom ROM you must have a custom recovery. Fortunately, you can use the same button sequence for both recovery images. The applications, however, will only work for the recovery image they are designed for. One we are showing you works for stock and the other must have root access.
USING THE PHONE BUTTONS
- Power down the smartphone fully first.
- Hole the power and volume down buttons at the same time and keep them in until the next step.
- Release the keys once you are seeing the LG G3 logo on the phones display.
- Quickly press the same button combination (volume down + power) once again.
- Hold the keys in until you see the factory reset or hard reset menu appearing on the display.
- Press the power button again.
Note: those of you with a custom recovery image will wipe the phone data now. That means you have to back up or else you risk losing all data including pictures, music, video and phone contacts. Essentially the phone returns back to its original state out of the box. Those running the stock recovery do not lose data here.
USING THE QUICK BOOT APP
- Navigate to the Google Play store.
- Type for ‘Quick Boot in the search field.
- Confirm your log-in details and proceed to installing the app.
- Navigate to the apps section on the display after it downloads and open the app.
- Press the ‘recovery’ option from the menu.
USING THE REBOOT MANAGER APP
- This is for those with root access only:
- Navigate to the Play store once again.
- Search for the reboot manager app.
- Use your log-in details and install the app.
- Wait until it finishes downloading and tap the app icon on the display to enter.
- Press the recovery option from the menu.
That should give you the three best ways to get the LG G3 smartphone into its Recovery Mode so you can recover the device from any problems it might be facing.