Recovery is a hidden mode that comes pre-installed with your Android smartphone. You can do some custom actions with your Android smartphone using recovery like a factory reset or hard resetting your phone. Recovery is also needed when installing a custom recovery or kernel to your smartphone. Today I will tell you all the possible ways to boot your HTC One M9 to recovery mode.
All you need is a Windows-based PC, a USB cable and your phone with USB debugging mode enabled (you can know how to enable USB debugging in the steps below). Furthermore, make a full backup of all your important data so if anything happens to that data you can have your data safe to restore later. Make sure that your HTC smartphone has enough battery power left on it before accessing the recovery mode on your phone.
Steps to get access to recovery mode in HTC One M9
Access recovery mode using key combinations:
This is the general and the most popular method of accessing recovery mode in any Android device. To do this you just have to boot up your phone with some key combinations.
- First you have to shut down your phone completely.
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds and select “power off” from the Power menu. Now wait until your phone is off completely.
- Turn it on by pressing and holding the Volume Down key and Power key together.
- Soon you will be in the fastboot mode and in here you can navigate using Volume Up and Volume Down keys and confirm using power key.
- And you can select recovery mode from here.
Access recovery mode using ADB tools:
Using ADB tools you have to type some commands in command window to reboot your phone to recovery mode. It is also simple way but you need a Windows PC to do this.
- First you have to download ADB package from here. Alternatively, you can learn how to install Android SDK and ADB on Windows with three different methods.
- Extract the folder on the desktop (or anywhere on PC where you can fond it later).
- Now enable USB Debugging on your HTC M9 phone by going to Settings > Developer Options > check USB debugging mode from here.
- Now connect your phone to your phone using USB cable.
- On your PC, open the ADB folder and right-click on empty space while holding shift key from keyboard and select “open command window here”.
- On command window type this command: “adb reboot recovery”.
- After this your phone will be reboot to recovery mode automatically.
Access recovery mode using a dedicated app:
There are some nifty apps available from the Google pay store with which you can easily reboot your phone to recovery or any other mode that’s available like Fastboot mode.
- First you have to open the Play Store on your M9 phone.
- Now search for the Reboot Manager widget and install it on your phone.
- After the installation is complete, put this widget to your home screen.
- And now when you want to boot your phone to recovery, you just have to tap on this widget and select reboot recovery.
- Your phone will get rebooted to recovery automatically.