Smartphone operating systems might not always be as easy to navigate as desktop OSs—finding files nested on the Android operating system can sometimes be a complex task in comparison to using File Explorer on the Windows operating system—but one thing that does work in their favor is problem-solving.
Rarely do you ever have to spend time trying to figure out the solution to a problem with the Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphone because most things can be fixed by simply taking a hard reset instead, a bit like utilizing a get out of jail free card.
Despite many people saying otherwise, a hard reset and a factory reset on the Huawei Ascend Y220 device will yield the same outcomes: the phone will be restored to its default, factory state on both occasions. In other words, the same state that it was in when it left the factory responsible for manufacturing it. This means you shouldn’t expect to find any applications that you installed yourself still on the device. Any settings that you changed will be returned to how they were when you first opened the Huawei Ascend Y220 out of the box too. And, of course, unless you took a backup, all the data that you accumulated—pictures, documents, music, so forth—will no longer be available once the hard reset is complete.
There are numerous similarities between computers and smartphones: they are made up of many of the same components, and all have the same heart, veins, and brain, so to speak. When it comes to resetting the software though, there are some differences. A modern-day computer operating system will offer three ways to reset: rebooting the OS, force-closing all open applications and forcing a reboot, and then a third way, which will return the device to its factory state, if desired. The mobile operating system offers the factory reset option, and the only alternative being the soft reset, which is the same as a straightforward reboot of the operating system.
You shouldn’t worry about a hard reset causing any harm to your Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphone; provided that you’ve backed up any data that you didn’t want to lose, very little else can go wrong.
This guide is also suitable for anyone who wants to learn:
- How to factory reset Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphones.
- How to wipe all data on Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphones.
- How to bypass screen lock on Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphones.
- How to restore defaults on Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphones.
- How to master reset Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphones.
This is what you need to do to apply a hard reset by using the hardware keys and the settings that already come with your device.
How to Hard Reset Huawei Ascend Y220 Smartphones
1. Make sure you start with the Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphone turned off completely by holding in the Power button and then choosing the option to switch it off.
2. Reboot the Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphone by holding the Volume Up + Power button buttons simultaneously for about 15 seconds.
3. Let go of the two buttons when you can see the Android Recovery menu.
4. Using the Volume buttons to navigate, highlight the “wipe data/factory reset” from the recovery menu and then confirm the action by pressing the Power button.
5. From the next screen you see, highlight the “Yes-delete all user data” by using the Volume buttons and then confirm it by pressing the Power button.
6. Once the data is wiped, click on the “reboot system now” option.
That’s all you need to hard reset the Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphone.
Applying a hard reset is probably one of the more commonly exchanged phrases for when people are referring to implementing a factory reset, but the same guide above is also good for a few other causes. The same steps would also work if you just wanted to wipe all of the data on your Huawei Ascend Y220 smartphone, for instance. Likewise, you could also use the same steps for bypassing the screen lock or just to restore the defaults on the Huawei Ascend Y220 device.
You might also be interested in:
- Download Huawei Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Huawei MediaPad 7 Youth 2 S7-721U Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Huawei Ascend Y220 Stock ROM for Your Device
- How to Root Huawei Ascend Y220 on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Download Huawei USB Drivers for All Devices