Here’s what you need to download the official Haier G101 firmware (stock ROM) flash file onto your computer. You can then use one of the compatible flashing tools to update the firmware on your smartphone or tablet.
Flashing tools were initially developed by the companies that were associated with the device’s hardware and were mainly kept in-house, adopted in the back rooms of smartphone repair centers to fix common mobile device-related problems. The tools were later published on the Web for anyone to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-brick situations, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer instead. What’s more, installing the Haier G101 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or replaced the stock recovery partition with a custom one. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they strongly suggest flashing the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they’re often only patching over existing software instead of completely replacing it.
The flashing tools such as the Lenovo downloader tool are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files that won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Haier G101 stock ROM. You can flash Stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, apps that are designed to work for a particular manufacturer. And depending on the file, there are times when you can flash firmware directly from the device’s recovery mode, too.
What Is Android Firmware?
Firmware is the operating system and its applications that control how the smartphone or tablet that runs on Android operates. While you may see the words “software update available” on your device’s display, we call it firmware to highlight its close relationship with the device manufacturers hardware.
If you prefer technical jargon, firmware is the specific programming that gets written to a device’s non-volatile memory. The firmware gets added to the device during the manufacturing process and is the middleman in helping software run on the hardware. Firmware can be written as read-only memory (ROM), erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM), or flash memory.
The Android operating system is more open than much of its competitors in iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, and Tizen. You always get firmware running on your device out of the box, but if you do not like it, you can swap it over with custom firmware or other firmware versions that were made for your device. This flexibility helps with troubleshooting, or if you know you would prefer a different Android version that was made available.
Why Reinstall Stock Firmware?
Did you think you may need to restore the stock firmware on your device? Here are some of the things that you can achieve with stock firmware files:
- Upgrade or downgrade the version of Android on your device
- Fix common mobile device-related problems, such as unbearable bugs in the software
- Remove custom recovery images such as TWRP
- Unroot the Android operating system, regardless of what method/tool you may have used to get root access
- Unbrick your smartphone or tablet
- Reinstall the operating system
- Fix invalid IMEI problems
Haier G101 Firmware Flash File Download Links
File Name: Haier_G101_MSM8909_V6_20160226
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Install Haier G101 Flash File Using Lenovo Downloader Tool
1. Download and install the Qualcomm USB driver on the computer that you plan on using for the flashing.
Note: You could also install the Haier G101 USB driver instead of the Qualcomm USB driver if the Qualcomm version isn’t working during your time of visit.
2. Download the latest version of the Lenovo downloader tool and then extract the package on your computer.
3. Open the Lenovo downloader tool.
4. Click on the “Load” button from the top left-hand side of the Lenovo downloader tool’s interface.
5. Navigate through to the Haier G101 firmware file that you downloaded earlier and then load it to this location.
6. Click on the “Start” button.
7. Turn off the fast boot mode if your device has one, and then turn the device off completely.
8. Now connect the smartphone to the computer with the USB cable while holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
9. Provided that you’ve installed the drivers and done everything correctly, the Lenovo downloader Tool should start the flashing now automatically.
10. Since these firmware files are quite large, the flashing process can take as long as ten to fifteen minutes to complete, and your device may reboot a few times during that period.
11. Wait until you can see the green “Passed” message showing up on the Lenovo downloader Tool interface before disconnecting.
That’s all you need to have installed the Haier G101 official firmware.
For a more detailed guide, you can now check out our how to use the Lenovo Downlaoder tool page.
Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your Haier smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
You can download Android ROMs for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download Haier Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Haier C40 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Haier 6171E Volte Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Haier G01 Stock ROM for Your Device