Your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A can now be upgraded to Android 5.0 Lollipop with the latest CM 12 ROM. Read all the article carefully to get successful update at one go.
CyanogenMod 12 Nightly Build based on Android 5.0 Lollipop is here. It is a “Nightly” build so this ROM is not completely stable but you can use it for everyday use and you can also update it using OTA (On The Air) updates so that you can have more stable ROM on every update.
This is a manual update tutorial and it needs root so you should know that rooting and manually updating you phone may void your device’s warranty and can be bricked if steps not done properly. Before proceeding to steps to install ROM you should do some preparation and some important notes you should read carefully.
- Allow USB Debugging permissions from the Developer options menu. You can see how to enable the option for Lollipop here.
- Use this update only on Galaxy S4 LTE-A model, don’t try this update on any other model of Samsung Galaxy S4. Using this tutorial on other devices may brick your device.
- If you find any problems during the flashing, or you cannot get the flashing to start, it’s likely because you don’t have the up to date drivers.
- Your device should be rooted and a custom recovery (TWRP recommended) installed before applying this update. Make sure your device running latest custom recovery so that it can support Android 5.0 Lollipop ROMs.
- In steps to update you will note that I added two more preparations there Backup and Factory reset. these two steps are important so that you can restore back to your previous operating system if something wrong happens.
- You should backup your important data, images, movies, document etc to your pc or any other device as this update will clear all internal data, so we could not be claimed if you lose any of your important data.
- Charge your battery to at least 75% so that your device will not loose power between all this process and if this happens your device will be bricked.
- If you are not even done these things before, do what this tutorial says and you will get what this tutorial says.
Update to CM12 Nightly ROM Based On Android 5.0 Lollipop For Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A
- Download CM 12 ROM zip file here.
- Download G Apps from here.
- Transfer these two zip files to your phones SD card via USB cable and disconnect your phone when transfer completes.
- Reboot your phone to Recovery mode by power down your device the power it on by pressing home, volume up and power keys simultaneously.
- Once you are in recovery mode Backup previous OS by pressing Backup, followed by confirming the process. After backup press home key in navigation bar.
- Tap on Wipe and confirm the step.
- Now tap on Install > choose zip from SD card then browse through your phone’s SD card and select the CM 12 zip file downloaded earlier and confirm this step.
- Now install the G Apps zip file same as you installed the CM 12 Zip file before.
- After installation tap on Reboot then finally tap on System (this will reboot your device).
This is a new custom ROM installation so your device will take about 10 to 12 minutes to reach to Welcome screen. After welcome screen appears give it your Google account. And if you need any support from us or you have any query share it with us by posting it to comment section below.