Did you update your iOS software to iOS 8.4.1 and are now suffering from the battery draining too fast? If so, we have the perfect solution for you and your Apple device after the drop. It will only take a few minutes for your battery to be the way it was before you updated.
Before starting, it’s important to note that some battery drain is expected when you update the software since the battery is no longer calibrated and in sync with the software. The battery will naturally get better over time as it adjusts to the new software.
For anyone experiencing draining that seems more severe, you should use the guide below:
HOW TO FIX IOS 8.4.1 BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE
1. Start with the iOS device turned on.
2. Hold the Power and Home buttons down together until the device turns off and reboots by itself.
3. Keep holding the Home and Power button combination until you see the Apple logo during the reboot. That way you can’t go wrong and you know you’ve properly hard reset the device.
4. Next, navigate to the Settings app.
5. Tap the General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
You’ve now successfully hard reset the iOS device and reset the Settings. This should work wonders for most people. Charge the device up full and see if you notice is lasting longer. If that didn’t work for you, it’s time to manually install iOS 8.4.1 IPSW files for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
You should know that Apple is no longer signing iOS 8.4 firmware. That means you cannot downgrade to the earlier iOS 8.4 software update. Nevertheless, you may still install 8.4.1 manually using the links above.