Here’s what you need to download the official Evercoss A5K firmware (stock ROM) flash file onto a computer. You can then flash the firmware file with the appropriate flashing tool.
Flashing tools were once used only by smartphone repair centers. Since then they have become available on the Web for anybody to use. They allow you to fix the same kinds of problems that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-bricked devices, software errors, software bugs, update errors and so forth. And best of all, installing the Evercoss A5K flash file is simple to do, thanks to the flashing tool’s easy to use interface that usually requires just one click.
Most developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, so forth—suggest sticking with custom software if you’ve already changed the system partition or installed a custom recovery. If you are to go back to stock Android, however, they also say it’s always to be done with flashing the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they often just patch over existing software.
The flashing tools, such as the SPD Upgrade Tool, are always just computer applications. On most occasions these apps are relatively small in file size, that won’t take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Evercoss A5K stock ROM. Firmware flashing is done with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware or, on occasion, specifically made to work for a particular manufacturer.
Download Evercoss A5K Stock ROM (Firmware)
File Name: Evercoss_A5K_SC8825
Android Version: Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Flash Evercoss A5K Stock ROM Using Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool
1. Download the Spreadtrum USB driver and install it on the computer that you plan on using for the flashing.
Note: You could also install the Evercoss A5K USB driver instead of the Android USB driver if you wanted or if the Android driver wasn’t working.
2. Download the Evercoss A5K stock firmware package on your computer and then extract it by right-clicking on the file and selecting the extract option from the menu.
3. Download the latest version of the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool on your computer and then extract the file by right-clicking on it and selecting the “Extract” option from the menu.
4. Open the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool folder and click on its application to launch the tool. (This will be the file in the folder that has the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool icon next to it.)
5. Turn off the smartphone and then connect it to the computer with its USB cable.
6. Click on the “Load Packed” button from the top left-hand side of the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool’s interface.
7. Browse your computer for the firmware file that you downloaded earlier and then upload it to this location.
8. Click on the “Start Downloading” button, and then the flashing of the firmware begins.
It’s normal for your Android device to reboot by itself during the firmware installation. Keep waiting until you can see the green “Passed” message on the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool interface.
For a more detailed guide, you can check out the full article on how to flash a PAC stock ROM on an Android smartphone.
[*] Back Up Your Data: You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
[*] Wipe Cache and Factory Reset: Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.